Thursday, December 09, 2004
Feeling tired
Yes, I'm tired, but restless. I should probably go to bed soon, but wanted to keep up with this new little endeavor of mine~journaling. Maybe if I stick w/this, some discipline will flow over into my presently nonexistent exercise program. LOL! My dear friend and sister Jackie called last night. It was so good to hear from her. Her son, who is N's best bud since they were wee ones, had an accident on his trampoline and thank God is okay. And then tonight, another of my dear sisters, Sharon -my brother Michael's wife, called. I hadn't heard from her in a couple of months. She's pregnant w/her third-due April 5, and is considering having a home birth, which Chris and I have also tossed around the idea of considering for our next baby. Am I nuts?! Well, yeah!;-) But at least midwives aren't outlawed in TN. Is that not the stupidest law you've heard of-to outlaw midwives? Well, no, I guess not the stupidest....but since when did prohibition ever actually stop anything anyways...now Sharon (who lives in Missouri where midwivery is illegal) is still thinking of doing it at home, but will not be able to have any legal help. Fortunately the hospital is right across the street in case she needs it, if they go through w/the homebirth. She has talked to some local doulas though she met through LeLeche, and had her sonogram today which showed a healthy little baby boy!
And speaking of baby, Chris's vasectomy reversal is scheduled for 12/20, and will be done in Tampa during our soon coming FL visit. He's not even nervous. Isn't he a man's man to go through w/that twice?! What a guy! Here's the doctor who's performing the procedure; http://www.vasdoctor.com/ We're excited, and hoping to have a 2005 baby!;-)
Right now Chris is reading me little bits of queer (and I mean weird by that) trivia & quotes from his Thrifty Nickel paper. Can you tell we just had our cable shut off....and have only one computer. LOL!
We went and picked up the deer meat from the butcher today, it came to 88lbs.! of meat. So, anyone have any good venison recipes to share w/me? It was a beautiful drive out through Elizabethton, and the surrounding mtn. range, near the Appalacian trail.
Last night we gave our daughter a beautiful doll as a Hanukkah gift. And she's decided to name her Bethany....that's close to Beth. *smiles* I feel so honored! Being a Mom is so wonderful. I'm so thankful for our children, and for my dh who's made a way for me to stay home w/them all these years- which pass so quickly.
Okay, I'm starting to feel all sentimental and gushy...better go to bed.
Good night to all.
Love, Beth
There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
And speaking of baby, Chris's vasectomy reversal is scheduled for 12/20, and will be done in Tampa during our soon coming FL visit. He's not even nervous. Isn't he a man's man to go through w/that twice?! What a guy! Here's the doctor who's performing the procedure; http://www.vasdoctor.com/ We're excited, and hoping to have a 2005 baby!;-)
Right now Chris is reading me little bits of queer (and I mean weird by that) trivia & quotes from his Thrifty Nickel paper. Can you tell we just had our cable shut off....and have only one computer. LOL!
We went and picked up the deer meat from the butcher today, it came to 88lbs.! of meat. So, anyone have any good venison recipes to share w/me? It was a beautiful drive out through Elizabethton, and the surrounding mtn. range, near the Appalacian trail.
Last night we gave our daughter a beautiful doll as a Hanukkah gift. And she's decided to name her Bethany....that's close to Beth. *smiles* I feel so honored! Being a Mom is so wonderful. I'm so thankful for our children, and for my dh who's made a way for me to stay home w/them all these years- which pass so quickly.
Okay, I'm starting to feel all sentimental and gushy...better go to bed.
Good night to all.
Love, Beth
There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
|
|















