Friday, February 11, 2005
Planting & playing
Today the kids spent most of the day playing outside in the remainder of the snow that had fallen yesterday and last night. They've been playing w/all their new plastic farm animals, and Daddy put Taba's new barn together.
Chris finished the puppy's outside pen, and I transplanted a bunch of bulbs into the back flower gardens. We found out from the breeder last night that he plans on flying our little puppy to us next Tues., the 15th! We're looking forward to meeting him, and I'm at the same time wondering if we're ready for all this new responsibility right now?!;-) I'm sure he'll be worth every bit of puppy pains though.
The kids both did alot of copywork today....they got into trouble for disobeying, and so each had to copy a scripture pertaining to correction of their disobedient behaviour. Nathan wrote out Colossians 3:20 9x, and Tabitha is still working on her copies of Ephesians 6:1, 6x. It made an impression for sure, and is a disciplinary method we shall employ more often, as necessary. Of course, they do copywork most days anyways, but not so much is required of them on a regular basis.
Here's a great link about the value of copywork; http://home.att.net/~bandcparker/copywork.html
The kids and I are planning to make our first "lapbooks"(mini-info. books) tomorrow for some of the topics we've been studying. We'll do one on Dogs, one on horses and a Creation one. Hopefully they'll turn out well.....I'll post some pics. when we're done.
We're also setting up a Bible notebook, Science notebook- for the unit we're starting w/Apologia's "Exploring Creation w/Astronomy", Reading/Narration, Copywork and Spelling/Grammar notebooks, and a History/timeline notebook.
We're also all very excited that the Lord has led us to a wonderful horse-riding instructor for Nathan and Tabitha to take weekly lessons from. Monday, 2/28, will be the first of Tabitha's weekly hour-long lessons, and then Nathan's lessons will be on Wednesdays. They're thrilled, and so am I for them. I'm just so thankful to have the money to pay for it, thank you Father.
Blessings, Beth
Chris finished the puppy's outside pen, and I transplanted a bunch of bulbs into the back flower gardens. We found out from the breeder last night that he plans on flying our little puppy to us next Tues., the 15th! We're looking forward to meeting him, and I'm at the same time wondering if we're ready for all this new responsibility right now?!;-) I'm sure he'll be worth every bit of puppy pains though.
The kids both did alot of copywork today....they got into trouble for disobeying, and so each had to copy a scripture pertaining to correction of their disobedient behaviour. Nathan wrote out Colossians 3:20 9x, and Tabitha is still working on her copies of Ephesians 6:1, 6x. It made an impression for sure, and is a disciplinary method we shall employ more often, as necessary. Of course, they do copywork most days anyways, but not so much is required of them on a regular basis.
Here's a great link about the value of copywork; http://home.att.net/~bandcparker/copywork.html
The kids and I are planning to make our first "lapbooks"(mini-info. books) tomorrow for some of the topics we've been studying. We'll do one on Dogs, one on horses and a Creation one. Hopefully they'll turn out well.....I'll post some pics. when we're done.
We're also setting up a Bible notebook, Science notebook- for the unit we're starting w/Apologia's "Exploring Creation w/Astronomy", Reading/Narration, Copywork and Spelling/Grammar notebooks, and a History/timeline notebook.
We're also all very excited that the Lord has led us to a wonderful horse-riding instructor for Nathan and Tabitha to take weekly lessons from. Monday, 2/28, will be the first of Tabitha's weekly hour-long lessons, and then Nathan's lessons will be on Wednesdays. They're thrilled, and so am I for them. I'm just so thankful to have the money to pay for it, thank you Father.
Blessings, Beth
|
|















