Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday has been gooood....;-)

I've been brousing through some blogs of kindred spirit Moms this morning, while enjoying a nice, leisurely cup of coffee along with a yummy late breakfast my darling little chefs made for me...eggs and waffles...so nice. They're off reading through library books right now, and amusing their ferrets, while our birdie squaks along, she gets so excited. Well we've been taking it easy this morning, just do some reading, and later we'll go to Lowes, work on the ever-present laundry, and do some outside work while the weather's lovely. Tonight we're going to see the musical drama, "More Than Just a Man" at a local theatre. We've been told by friends who've already been to see it that it's amazing, w/a cast of 135! here's the link to it; http://www.billywayne.net/lamplightindex.html

Here's some blogs I've been reading through the past couple of days; http://www.valerieslivingbooks.com/blog/ (the owner runs a WONDERFUL email list "the Bookroom", an invaluable asset to our family's pursuit of quality literature, https://homerealm.lifewithchrist.org/, http://www.allisalley.blogspot.com/, http://www.booksncoffee.blogspot.com/, and http://holyexperience.blogspot.com/.

Ann of "holy experience" wrote this some time ago, and it rang so true w/me I wanted to share it here with you;

May the Children Eat first...... by Ann Voskamp
The mill runs every day in our house. Grinding kernels early in the dawn for steamy bowls of cream of wheat.
And twice weekly it runs, so like the little Red Hen, I can grind the wheat and make the bread for all of the hungry little tummies that make their home here.
I line up the loaf pans, tuck in a sheet of parchment paper, then cradle the soft dough into their wee beds, finally spreading a warm wet blanket over the cribs so they can rise in sleep.
Bread for my babies.
Nothing says satisfaction like whole wheat bread hot out of the oven, butter soaking in, taste buds savoring.
Jesus knew this.
Mark 7:27 And Jesus said to her, First, allow the children to be satisfied, for it is not good to take the children's bread and to throw it to the dogs.
Who is getting fed first?
Are my children satisfied first every day?
Before phone calls, household chores, email inboxes, message boards, errands, volunteer activities, church functions, hobbies.....are my children deeply and fully satisfied with soul-filling nourishment?
With me. With laughter. With hugs. With shared stories. With music and dancing and poetry and literature and art and nature and wind and sky and LIFE.
I am done with giving life's bread---time, memories, investments, me---to the dogs: to empty net surfing, to obsessive housecleaning, to "expert's" agendas, to mindless, non-eternal activities.
May those dogs find their bread somewhere else. In this house, the children will be satisfied FIRST. I
am the Little Red Hen....making bread. The wafting smell of living bread will fill our children, their grumbling souls will find satisfaction, and we will taste deeply of life together.
My children are smiling and satisfied.
And so am I. Lord, You are the Bread of Life.
I need You for my very Sustenance....to consume You so that You are my very Life.
Then I can satisfy my soul-hungry children.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?