Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sobering thoughts....

I've been considering the significance of Pope John Paul II's recent death, and who his successor will be, and in light of the times we're living in (I think the *last* of the last days spoken of in the Bible), wondering what these happenings will usher in prophetically. Now I don't believe that the "anti-christ" will be a pope, as many do. But I certainly do believe that a pope will probably be "the prophet" spoken of in Revelations, the religious leader who aids the anti-christ by uniteing all the world’s religions under one banner. So, I've been thinking along these lines this past week, and just prayerfully considering, watching. And I just ran across this interesting article tonight; THE POPE'S FUNERAL AND THE MALACHY PROPHECY
Now I've never heard of the "Malachy Prophecy" before, that I remember, and don't usually put alot of stock in extra-Biblical "prophecies", yet this one has proven faithful to the facts as predicted some 800+ years ago....just makes you go *hmmmmmm* definitely worth the read I think, food for thought anyways....
*********
excerpt; The prophecy advances the secession of Roman Catholic pontiffs from Celestine II [1143 AD] to John Paul II's successor. who will be revealed within the next 30 days) [2005 AD]. Malachy wrote that he was inscribing the pontiffs from Celestine II "...to the end of the world." In a vision the Holy Spirit revealed each future pontiff by his character, geographic or physiological attributes, or his coat of arms. In all, Malachy described 111 popes.

*********
"I must preach the kingdom of God...because for this purpose I have been sent" ~Jesus, Luke 4:43

Mat 25:31-46
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?