Sunday, September 04, 2005

Today I weep...

not only for Katrina's victims, but for those who are suffering from all of the criminal acts resulting... I found my eyes filling up with tears as I told my hubby, Chris, of the following news, which has also especially grieved him. He commented that, "All of the criminals are just using this crisis as an excuse..."

I've read and viewed so much devestation these past few days, and feel numb even with mental/emotional overload, maybe even desensitized and distant to an extent. Though some of my family from Biloxi sits RIGHT here reading and talking of it all with me, and we're praying for loved ones who live there, and are feeling the brunt of the storm. Yet, it all seems so surreal. Somehow the following article I read just hit me in a way that I can't describe... it's re-released alot of this pent-up mourning within me... Somehow, reading of this man's death and imagining the grief, suffering and hard road ahead for his homeschooling family, to which I feel such a kinship, has hit a chord of identification within me that's now reverberating throughout my intercessions today, and will be in the days to come. I know there are *many* out there who need our tangible help, and especially our prayers as well. And so I weep, and I pray...

I found it at Spunky's blog,
and she quoted it from Doug Phillips blog;

We just received this from our friend, Franklin Sanders. Please know Vision Forum will be making a donation to help this family in their time of need.

Dear Ones:

Last night Michael Osborne was murdered in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Michael was formerly my business partner, a co-defendant in our federal trial, one of my closest friends in the world, and a dear Christian brother. Michael's wife, Nancy, drove to Memphis with their two daughters yesterday because Hurricane Katrina had blown two trees on their house. About 7:00 p.m. Michael went to Lowe's to get a part for his malfunctioning generator, which they didn't have. They directed him to another store in a bad section of town. Somebody shot him in his car, which then ran off the road into a telephone pole. It's not known whether the shots or the impact killed him.

Michael and Nancy have six children, two grown daughters, and at home two teenage sons, and two young daughters. Would you please pray for them? The funeral will be next week, after the coroner's inquest.I am sure that the storm has devasted the Osbornes financially, and the whole support of four children at home now falls on Nancy.


If you would like to send her a donation, send it to:
Nancy Osborne
c/o John Spearman
9045 Spring Grove Cove
Cordova, TN 38018

Lord, have mercy on us! Christ, have mercy on us! Lord, have mercy on us!

Yours in the bonds of Christ,
Franklin Sanders




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?