Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thankful... & our Thanksgiving Feast Menu~

Today I'll be cooking, and we'll all be working on a Thankful Tree together. Tabitha made us a pinecone turkey for our centerpiece (he's so cute), and Nathan is making a hand and foot turkey to hang on the wall. Right now they're coloring some color sheets we found and printed out, which they're planning to hang on the doors of their rooms. I liked one of them so much that I've printed it out to color for myself!

We've also been enjoying watching our little birds that visit our two feeders in the backyard, which we can see from our dining room window. One of the feeders brings extra joy to my heart every time I look at it as Chris made it for me last summer, and I painted it. I am reminded that my Lord is always mindful of me and my needs, and will always provide for us...

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father...And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

~Matthew 10.29-31

And that even if all of the plenty we're blessed with now were gone tomorrow, He is still our sustenance, and we will always be secure in His Sovereign Will. This last week, He's been speaking sweet assurance to my soul and gently reminding me that He is our Bread, our Life... May we ever feast on Him...

"I am the bread of life. Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."
~Jesus, John 6.48-51

Last summer, Chris also helped each of the kids to make a birdhouse, both of which are now perched above the feeder, in view. Jehovah-Jireh, I'm thankful today that You have chosen to tabernacle with us when You sent Your Son, Jesus, to save us.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
~Ecclisiastes 3.11

For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
~Romans 5.10

Thank you for my husband whom You have given me, Christopher, and for our children that You have blessed us with, for the honor of homeschooling with them, for our friends and family... Thank you for our men and women in the military, and missionaries, overseas, far from their loved ones this holiday. But most of all I am thankful for You, for your Imagination and Creation, for this Covenant You have made with me and my forefathers... I'm in awe of You... the Alpha & the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.
~2 Corinthians 1.20

Last night, Chris read the first half of Meet the Pilgrim Fathers to our kids. He'll finish it tonight. I'm finishing up on laundry and tidying up the place for company we'll be having during Thanksgiving.

I'll also start some of the cooking today. Tomorrow, Serena and I will be cooking up a storm! She's bringing her turkey roaster, so we won't have the oven tied up with the turkey all of Thurs. morning, which is good! Speaking of the gobbler, I've got it "brining" as it thaws in a cooler of iced salt (Kosher) water right now. Has anyone else ever done this? I hope it turns out good... And I've got alot of cooking to get busy with, so had better git! Thankfully I'll have Serena and Joelle helping!

ps. It's SNOWING outside! How cozy it feels here today! I think I'll go put on my cd by Marty Goetz and his daughter, Festivals of Lights, and maybe Crystal Lewis's jazzy Holiday one too! I'm thankful that we're living here in NE TN now! yippee!! I made a double batch of Buttermilk Banana Bread last night, and will be making Chex party mix today, and a few other things, but we'll do most of our cooking on Wednesday, and Thursday morning.

Happy Thanksgiving!

~ Our Thanksgiving Feast Menu ~

Sausage Biscuit Cheese Balls (our Holiday breakfast tradition, Taba's favorite!)
Roasted Turkey & Giblet Gravy
Cornbread Stuffing
Homemade Yeast Rolls
Sweet Potatoe Supreme
Mashed Potatoes
Mexican Cornbread (I know, doesn't really go, but it's Chris's favorite!)
Cranberry Relish (Serena's specialty)
Parmesan Spinach Balls (Nathan's requested favorite!)
Bountiful Beer Bread with Spinach Dip
Heavenly Chocolate Cheesecake (no bake)
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (Rick requested Serena make this)
Pumpkin Pies (Chris's favorite!)
Pecan Pies (my favorite!)
Apple Pie (Nathan's favorite!)
Coconut Sour Cream Cake (this just sounds YUMMY, we'll see if I get around to it, or even have room in the fridge for it!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?