Sunday, February 13, 2005
Rainy day
It's been drizzling, and rainy all day today. Chris is still sick, so we didn't go to church this wknd. Last wknd. he was sick as well, and I was sick the wknd. before that, and the kids the wknd. before that. So, we haven't been to church in a month now! The kids and I had come down w/the flu, but Chris has been fighting a nasty head cold and is just having a hard time kicking it. This is the first time any of us have been sick in a couple of years, and I'm reminded not take our good health for granted! It's been miserable!
We were planning on visiting Bays Mountain Park this afternoon, and watching the "wolf show", but have decided to wait for nicer weather. They have a live wolf cam you can visit here; http://www.baysmountain.com/
We're going to get the yearly pass (it's only $35 for the whole family!) and are looking forward to learning alot there through all of their various nature study programs, and the planetarium/astronomy club. They even have a really nice observatory which we can use on certain Sat. evenings, and learn from an on staff astronomer as well as the other astronomy buffs there....I think this will be a great asset to our Exploring Creation through Astronomy study.
Today I've spent some time making valentines, and looking over instructions on how to make/sew Roman shades....I'm thinking of doing this rather than buying drapes for all the windows, it'll be cheaper, and hopefully look good. Chris and the kids are watching an Anne of Green Gables movie right now, and I'd better go get dinner figured out, so I'll write more later.
We were planning on visiting Bays Mountain Park this afternoon, and watching the "wolf show", but have decided to wait for nicer weather. They have a live wolf cam you can visit here; http://www.baysmountain.com/
We're going to get the yearly pass (it's only $35 for the whole family!) and are looking forward to learning alot there through all of their various nature study programs, and the planetarium/astronomy club. They even have a really nice observatory which we can use on certain Sat. evenings, and learn from an on staff astronomer as well as the other astronomy buffs there....I think this will be a great asset to our Exploring Creation through Astronomy study.
Today I've spent some time making valentines, and looking over instructions on how to make/sew Roman shades....I'm thinking of doing this rather than buying drapes for all the windows, it'll be cheaper, and hopefully look good. Chris and the kids are watching an Anne of Green Gables movie right now, and I'd better go get dinner figured out, so I'll write more later.
|
|















