Sunday, April 24, 2005

Passover today

1Cr 5:7-8
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us:

Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth.

This evening we took communion together as a family, and remembered the great sacrifice our Lord, the Lamb of God, made for us on that Festival so many years ago, which is in Hebrew, called Pesach, meaning passing over or protection, and is derived from the instructions given to Moses by God in Exodus 6:6-8.


Exd 6:6-8
Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I [am] the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:

And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I [am] the LORD.

Jhn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

We watched this really neat dynamation together, after reading about Passover, and prayerfully sharing communion together. click here to see it; Chosen.
"God chose Moses to lead His chosen people out of slavery. God chose to show His people great wonders. God chose to give man His commandments. God chose to give us a Saviour so that we might keep His commandments."

We've also been reading from the beautifully written and illustrated book, Celebrate! Stories of the Jewish Holidays this past week, and will continue reading it next week.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?