Thursday, July 07, 2005
catching up...
It's been a slow and rainy morning here today...*smiles* my favorite kind. Chris is playing a game of chess with Durer right now, and Pocahontas just finished sewing me a heart shaped pillow (her idea, inspired by another pillow we have), she's so industrious! On the front of it she wrote, "I love you Mom", accompanied by a picture of a horse (of course!) she drew.
We had a great visit with Chris's Mom and Grandmother who flew up here from central FL last week. It was so nice to just be together for a few days, and catch up a bit. They fell in love with our doggie, Samson. Grandmother Virgie said it was such a blessing for her to be here, and to have made memories to take back, and to have seen where we are settled now. We also will treasure the memories. I'm a bit frustrated that I'm not able to upload any pics. right now, but hoping to fix that soon.
This week I've been helping our kids' horse riding instructor with the planning of her Christian horse camp, which Durer and Pocahontas will be attending for all of next week. The kids have been getting alot of swimming time in at Jennifer's house. Their pool has been such a blessing to us! What great friends we've been becoming. We have been and will be so busy with this horse camp, through next week, as Jennifer's now asked me to teach the Bible classes for all 3 of the age groups. I'm honored, and looking forward to this, though I'm admittedly feeling a bit overwhelmed and apprehensive as I prayerfully prepare. Also, I'll have fun helping the kids do scrapbook pages for each of the six days of the camp. We'll be making saddle-soap too, and alot of other fun stuff!
So, that's what I'm up to. Our refinance loan came through, PRAISE the Lord!!
I'm off to gather supplies and catch up on laundry.
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." ~Paul, 2 Corinthians 12.9
We had a great visit with Chris's Mom and Grandmother who flew up here from central FL last week. It was so nice to just be together for a few days, and catch up a bit. They fell in love with our doggie, Samson. Grandmother Virgie said it was such a blessing for her to be here, and to have made memories to take back, and to have seen where we are settled now. We also will treasure the memories. I'm a bit frustrated that I'm not able to upload any pics. right now, but hoping to fix that soon.
This week I've been helping our kids' horse riding instructor with the planning of her Christian horse camp, which Durer and Pocahontas will be attending for all of next week. The kids have been getting alot of swimming time in at Jennifer's house. Their pool has been such a blessing to us! What great friends we've been becoming. We have been and will be so busy with this horse camp, through next week, as Jennifer's now asked me to teach the Bible classes for all 3 of the age groups. I'm honored, and looking forward to this, though I'm admittedly feeling a bit overwhelmed and apprehensive as I prayerfully prepare. Also, I'll have fun helping the kids do scrapbook pages for each of the six days of the camp. We'll be making saddle-soap too, and alot of other fun stuff!
So, that's what I'm up to. Our refinance loan came through, PRAISE the Lord!!
I'm off to gather supplies and catch up on laundry.
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." ~Paul, 2 Corinthians 12.9
|
|















