Saturday, June 25, 2005
Summer Christian Horse Camp!!
Durer and Pocahontas are going to be attending a week long "Summer Christian Horse Camp" from July 11-16, hosted by their riding instructor, at her Keywood Meadows Farm. They're both very excited about spending a whole week with the horses, and each kid there (all students of Jennifer's) will be provided with their own individual horses for the week.
Jennifer required as part of the registration process, that each of her students write out an essay, wherein they are to answer a series of questions she's listed on the registration form. I thought I'd post here Durer and Pocahontas's essays, which they each wrote today.
The questions they had to answer were:
Why do you want to come to our camp?
What are your expectations for our camp?
Have you had previous camp experience? When and where?
Tell us about your experience with horses.
What are your personal interests?
Tell us about your family.
Have you asked Jesus into your life?
Who is Jesus Christ?
How has God worked in your life?
********
Summer Christian Horse Camp, by "Pocahontas", age 6
I want to come to your camp because I love horses. I expect to ride horses at your camp. I have been to VBS before. I have worked with horses for five months. I have learned to groom the horse, and I have learned to take Dakota out of his stall. I have also been learning how to post.
I’m interested in galloping a horse, and getting a horse of my own. Most of all, I want to learn more about Jesus. I’m interested in art, animals and gymnastics too.
My Dad and Mom are the best of the rest. My parents are very nice to my brother and I.
I have asked Jesus into my life. Jesus is God, and the Savior of the earth. God has provided lots of food for us, and horse lessons, dance, and soccer lessons. I thank Him for all the things He has given me.
********
Summer Christian Horse Camp, by "Durer", age 9
I want to come to your camp because I like horses. I expect to have fun at your camp. I have been to VBS camp. I've ridden a horse, groomed horses, and I have trotted horses. But I have never galloped a horse.
My personal interests are learning how to ride a galloping horse. I like collecting knives and target-shooting with guns. I like studying about the Vikings, animals, and doing math.
My family are Christians, and we homeschool. We like studying nature and history. We have lots of animals like snakes, ferrets, a dog and a bird. I love my family.
Yes, I've asked Jesus into my life. Jesus Christ is our Savior. I love Him because He first loved me. When I asked God to help me find something, He usually does on the very next day. God has also saved us from a car wreck. He always takes care of us.
Jennifer required as part of the registration process, that each of her students write out an essay, wherein they are to answer a series of questions she's listed on the registration form. I thought I'd post here Durer and Pocahontas's essays, which they each wrote today.
The questions they had to answer were:
Why do you want to come to our camp?
What are your expectations for our camp?
Have you had previous camp experience? When and where?
Tell us about your experience with horses.
What are your personal interests?
Tell us about your family.
Have you asked Jesus into your life?
Who is Jesus Christ?
How has God worked in your life?
********
Summer Christian Horse Camp, by "Pocahontas", age 6
I want to come to your camp because I love horses. I expect to ride horses at your camp. I have been to VBS before. I have worked with horses for five months. I have learned to groom the horse, and I have learned to take Dakota out of his stall. I have also been learning how to post.
I’m interested in galloping a horse, and getting a horse of my own. Most of all, I want to learn more about Jesus. I’m interested in art, animals and gymnastics too.
My Dad and Mom are the best of the rest. My parents are very nice to my brother and I.
I have asked Jesus into my life. Jesus is God, and the Savior of the earth. God has provided lots of food for us, and horse lessons, dance, and soccer lessons. I thank Him for all the things He has given me.
********
Summer Christian Horse Camp, by "Durer", age 9
I want to come to your camp because I like horses. I expect to have fun at your camp. I have been to VBS camp. I've ridden a horse, groomed horses, and I have trotted horses. But I have never galloped a horse.
My personal interests are learning how to ride a galloping horse. I like collecting knives and target-shooting with guns. I like studying about the Vikings, animals, and doing math.
My family are Christians, and we homeschool. We like studying nature and history. We have lots of animals like snakes, ferrets, a dog and a bird. I love my family.
Yes, I've asked Jesus into my life. Jesus Christ is our Savior. I love Him because He first loved me. When I asked God to help me find something, He usually does on the very next day. God has also saved us from a car wreck. He always takes care of us.
|
|















