Friday, September 30, 2005
My Help Cometh ~ Nested Meditation
My friend, Cynthia, shared this over at her blog, and I thought I'd give it a try... I used to write alot of streams of consciousness in college, and this sort of reminds me of that... sorta primes the pump, and gets the words flowing...fun too.
God is my help.
God is. My help cometh from the Lord.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain strength.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found as I lean on Him.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found. As I lean on Him I find peace.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found. As I lean on Him, I find. Peace resides within His chambers.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found. As I lean on Him, I find. Peace resides. Within His chambers I am freed from sin and shame.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found. As I lean on Him, I find. Peace resides. Within His chambers I am freed. From sin and shame I no longer have to hide in fear.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found. As I lean on Him, I find. Peace resides. Within His chambers I am freed. From sin and shame I no longer have to hide. In fear of my Deliverer they must flee.
RULES for NESTED MEDITATION
All you need is quiet time, a willingness to start with a single line
from present awareness, and a playful approach to words.
The rules:
Each stanza after the first is a repetition of the exact words that
came before with a single line added. Shifts in direction occur
through double meanings, punctuation changes or hyphenations.
Tune in to whatever threads of awareness are in your mind. Allow your
mind to meander and write down a few lines that are rising to the
top.
Play with the words and have a good time.
The goal is not to produce masterpieces, but to mine the ordinary
moments of our lives for nuggets they contain.
The repetition reveals surprising thoughts and ideas that had never
been revealed. The power of repetitiion is seen in our daily lives as we
play out our cycles only to one day go "A ha I now see the meaning or
the sacred."
Often in nested meditation, a shift occurs when we least expect it or
we begin moving in a different direction.
Nested meditation is a power tool.
God is my help.
God is. My help cometh from the Lord.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain strength.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found as I lean on Him.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found. As I lean on Him I find peace.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found. As I lean on Him, I find. Peace resides within His chambers.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found. As I lean on Him, I find. Peace resides. Within His chambers I am freed from sin and shame.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found. As I lean on Him, I find. Peace resides. Within His chambers I am freed. From sin and shame I no longer have to hide in fear.
God is. My help cometh. From the Lord I gain. Strength is found. As I lean on Him, I find. Peace resides. Within His chambers I am freed. From sin and shame I no longer have to hide. In fear of my Deliverer they must flee.
RULES for NESTED MEDITATION
All you need is quiet time, a willingness to start with a single line
from present awareness, and a playful approach to words.
The rules:
Each stanza after the first is a repetition of the exact words that
came before with a single line added. Shifts in direction occur
through double meanings, punctuation changes or hyphenations.
Tune in to whatever threads of awareness are in your mind. Allow your
mind to meander and write down a few lines that are rising to the
top.
Play with the words and have a good time.
The goal is not to produce masterpieces, but to mine the ordinary
moments of our lives for nuggets they contain.
The repetition reveals surprising thoughts and ideas that had never
been revealed. The power of repetitiion is seen in our daily lives as we
play out our cycles only to one day go "A ha I now see the meaning or
the sacred."
Often in nested meditation, a shift occurs when we least expect it or
we begin moving in a different direction.
Nested meditation is a power tool.
|
|















