Saturday, December 31, 2005

I've been TAGGED!

Deb (aka. Pattycake) and Sprittibee have both tagged me recently with very similar "Seven 7's". So, I shall include them both here, together... and have a morphed version I guess!;-)

from Deb:

1. Seven things to do before I die ~
1. Memorize more Scriptures and poetry.
2. Read more "classics".
3. Start painting, and maybe even sculpting, again...and make a quilt with/for my kids...and learn to play the guitar (which might lead to reading music, maybe?).
4. Learn homesteaderly type stuff, and how to have a
"real farm", and DO it!;-)
5. Know/see that my children are, as adults, following hard after the LORD.
6. Have more children...
7. Take a road trip out "West" with my hubby and kids, and up into the NW (specifically Oregon and eastern WA state, where I spent many years growing up) ... hitting all interesting landmarks and national parks along the way, taking our time, camping out along the way.

2. Seven things I cannot do ~
1. Sing (well)... even though I DO sing, alot.:-)
2. Read music, nor play an instrument.

3. Follow a daily schedule, longterm.
4. Get rid of good books...
5. Stop finding and accumulating good books...
6. Stay mad at my husband, ever, not even for a day, an hour... though I have been flaming mad, it's always been short lived.
7. Get up early (ie; before 7 a.m.) consistently, though I'd like to and do love quiet, early mornings. It's a goal of mine to get up at 6 a.m. at least, but alas, my night-owl hubby and I do just stay up too late to make that an easy task...

3. Seven things that attract me to my husband ~
1. See my post 101+ Reasons I LOVE my Hubby!
2. "
3. "
4. "
5. "
6. "
7. "

4. Seven things I say most often ~
1. "Did you sleep good last night? Do you remember what you dreamed?" (greeting for each family member, with a kiss every morning, which often leads to dream telling-time)
2. "Father God, thank you for this day and for my family... Please help us to read, know and understand Your Word... Give us peace in our hearts and good dreams." ~My ritualistic bed-time prayer opening and closing (with the kids), with specifics in between.

3. "I love you."

4. "Nathan! Taba! Come here and clean up your/this ___!"
5. "Inconceivable!" (think The Princess Bride)
6. "Whatcha readin'?"

7.
"Riiiiight..." (think Kronk, from Emperor's New Groove)

5. Seven books (or series) I love (Only 7???)
1. The Holy Bible
2. George MacDonald's fiction/novels.
3. Follow the River, Thom....tied with Christy, Marshall (both historical fiction)
4. Watchman Nee's books (all of them, but esp. Song of Songs!).
5. Little House series, Laura Ingalls Wilder
6. Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
7. Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary (second referred to, after the Bible, and I just found a newer/nicer copy than the one I had at an antique shop!)
8. (I just can't help it, and was tagged with this 2x, so should be allowed a few extras, right?!) Fairy tales and Nursery Rhymes!

6. Seven (+) movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
1. Fiddler on the Roof
2. Charlton Heston's best; Ben Hur ~ El Cid's Ten Commandments ~ El Cid
3. Braveheart
4. Anne of Green Gables/Anne of Avonlea series
5. The Black Stallion ~ Black Beauty ~ Spirit (WELL, they're all horse movies!)
6. Les Miserables
7. Pride & Prejudice ~ Sense & Sensibility (I just can't hardly choose, okay?!)
8. The Princess Bride (I can't just leave it out!)

7. Seven people I want to join in, too.

Well, how about if you just do this if you wanna, and then please leave a comment here to let me know that you've answered these. I'd love to read your responses too!


from Sprittibee:
There was one question that was different on hers, see below...


Seven things to do before I die:
(answered above)
Seven things I cannot do:
(answered above)

Seven things that attract me to home educating:
1. The Shema;

Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them to your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
~Deut. 6:4-9

We believe this to be a mandate given to us, as parents, by our Creator, to teach our children, and to take complete covenantal responsibility for their upbringing, protection and exposure to outside (esp. anti-Christian) influences... This is the hook upon which every other of our many reason hang, the bedrock principle upon which all of our endeavors are built upon...
2. To teach our children monotheistic Christianity according to Torah, the Word of God, and that Jesus is the Messiah, who has come, is now making intercession for us in heaven, and shall come again... and for these, our beliefs, to not be undermined for 8 hrs. a day, 5 days a week by a pantheistic/atheistic/humanistic socialist public school system, or the peers thereof... which leads to our next reason.

3. The ability to know and choose our childrens' friends, and to supervise their gatherings.

4. To really KNOW our kids, and to participate in the daily thrills of seeing life through their eyes... listening to them, seeing the spark in their eyes when new connections are made, and sharing all these memories of childhood WITH them.
It is our goal to instill in them a love of learning, to maintain an environment in which their wonder may thrive and their innocence remain undaunted.

5. T-I-M-E with them, togetherness... a life shared ...numbering our days...
Neither Chris nor I could even bear the thought (NEVER even considered) of sending our little ones away for all day. How *do* parents do that? It must be so hard... maybe we're co-dependent? LOL!

6.
To learn more about history, nature, science, phonics etc. all over again, for myself, more thoroughly than I did before... to read good literature and spend hours pouring over lovely picture books... I'm learning more than I ever did in highschool and college put together (and I maintained a 4.0 for 3 yrs.!). Our kids? *Heh*, they just get to come along for the ride! Chris and I joke that we're homeschooling ourselves, and shall continue even after our kids have grown! LOL! Life is learning...

7. To have little people around all the time, to do artwork with, take walks with, merrily cooking me breakfast in the mornings and reading me bed-time stories each night.

Seven things I say most often:
(answered above)
Seven books (or series) that I love: (Hard to narrow down...)
(answered above)
Seven Ten movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time):
(answered above)

Seven people I want to join in too.

Well, how about if you just do this if you wanna, and then please leave a comment here to let me know that you've answered these. I'd love to read your responses too!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?