Monday, April 25, 2005
Meandering Monday
Yesterday it snowed just about all day, but *none* of it stuck! Early (when I got up to let the dog out, but wasn't ready to *stay* up) I noticed that the snow had piled up on the azalea flower bushes outside my bedroom window, and it struck me as being so beautiful...I wanted to take a pic., but by the time I got up (for real), the snow had all melted..;( So, yeah, it was pretty yucky outside all day yesterday, and we stayed in for the most part. It's gorgeous today, perfect for Taba's riding lesson. When we get home from that the kids and I will plant some more seeds in those little styrofoam coffee cups for our veggie garden.
I was so excited to hear from my friend, Jennifer, in FL yesterday. HI JEN! How I miss her, and just hanging out w/her family. And the rest of our FL and MS family and friends... but we're slowly starting to make firends here, it just takes time, I know.*sighs*
I had a great time at Robin's house last Friday night. She's the first friend I made here in TN, and also homeschools, and sells Creative Memories scrapbooking stuff too. So recently she's started hosting a monthly "crop club", which I've enjoyed. So far lately, I've mostly just been organizing my pics., but Fri. I actually got two pages done for Nathan's baby album, that was FUN, and fulfilling indeed! Tabitha likes to come w/me, and she usually plays w/Robin's daughter, Amanda, who though she's a few years older than Taba, you wouldn't know it from how they play together! LOL! So, that's our girls night out each month, sometimes Tabitha will even work on her own scrapbook, which I always bring for her in case she gets inspired. Now that I've actually been doing a better job of keeping our own dining room table cleared off, maybe I'll even get some scrapbooking done here at home. (But don't hold your breath!) I think I need to set up a whole seperate table/space to work on scrapping...I can hardly wait until we get a room finished to be just a studio/work space for us to be able to leave our works in progress spread out, and in progress! I think I'd get *alot* more done that way! Lately Spring fever has been calling me/us outdoors though, and that's good too.
Last Thursday evening, Chris was walking around the backyard when he heard something in the tree above him...well, if you know Chris, you know he *had* to check it out, and find out what that scuffling was up in the tree. So upon inspection, he found an opposum nest up there, complete w/a litter of 7 baby opossums! Well, Chris, being the naturalist he is, knew immediately that the mother must have abandoned them (afterall, he reasoned, he hadn't seen any oppossums wandering around our property lately, and since he hadn't seen her, she must've gotten killed, or left them!LOL!). So! Down they came, Chris was to the rescue! *smiles* And I looked them up on the net, and we read some about them while discussing what would we *do* w/these little guys. They were so cute/funny looking, w/their heads as big as their bodies. I suspected that the mother opossum was just out for a spin, and would most likely be right back (they were very healthy). Chris scoffed at the idea, he was almost certain they were abandoned! I think he just wanted more critters to take care of, hah!
So, we all went outside, w/flashlight as it was now dark, and we were off to rescue those last 4 poor little abandoned baby opossums. Well, what do you know! Once Chris got up that ladder to the nest, who do you think was there to meet him but the Momma opossum, w/the other 4 babes happily tucked in her pouch! LOL! So, he carefully put the other 3 he'd so thoughtfully *rescued* back in the nest, while Momma opossum, a bit freaked out, climbed as far out on a limb as she could possibly manage...Nathan and Tabitha had mixed feelings. The next day, we found that the nest was empty...Momma opossum had taken her babies to find a new, more *private* home, no doubt! *smiles* Who can blame her, bunch of well-meanin', do-gooder humans nosin' in her nest! So, that was our latest adventure...
Last week, Chris and Nathan enjoyed trying out their knife-throwing skills, using especially designed knives Chris picked up in Gatlinburg. Chris had retrieved some stall doors, from an antique barn, and they're using that as a back-stop to throw at. Nathan started off doing better than Dad, w/the first round at 4-7. But Dad was just warming up, and took the championship winning two of their three rounds. And they're working on their "Num-Chuck Skills", inbetween "hunting for wolverines in Alaska"!
I was so excited to hear from my friend, Jennifer, in FL yesterday. HI JEN! How I miss her, and just hanging out w/her family. And the rest of our FL and MS family and friends... but we're slowly starting to make firends here, it just takes time, I know.*sighs*
I had a great time at Robin's house last Friday night. She's the first friend I made here in TN, and also homeschools, and sells Creative Memories scrapbooking stuff too. So recently she's started hosting a monthly "crop club", which I've enjoyed. So far lately, I've mostly just been organizing my pics., but Fri. I actually got two pages done for Nathan's baby album, that was FUN, and fulfilling indeed! Tabitha likes to come w/me, and she usually plays w/Robin's daughter, Amanda, who though she's a few years older than Taba, you wouldn't know it from how they play together! LOL! So, that's our girls night out each month, sometimes Tabitha will even work on her own scrapbook, which I always bring for her in case she gets inspired. Now that I've actually been doing a better job of keeping our own dining room table cleared off, maybe I'll even get some scrapbooking done here at home. (But don't hold your breath!) I think I need to set up a whole seperate table/space to work on scrapping...I can hardly wait until we get a room finished to be just a studio/work space for us to be able to leave our works in progress spread out, and in progress! I think I'd get *alot* more done that way! Lately Spring fever has been calling me/us outdoors though, and that's good too.
Last Thursday evening, Chris was walking around the backyard when he heard something in the tree above him...well, if you know Chris, you know he *had* to check it out, and find out what that scuffling was up in the tree. So upon inspection, he found an opposum nest up there, complete w/a litter of 7 baby opossums! Well, Chris, being the naturalist he is, knew immediately that the mother must have abandoned them (afterall, he reasoned, he hadn't seen any oppossums wandering around our property lately, and since he hadn't seen her, she must've gotten killed, or left them!LOL!). So! Down they came, Chris was to the rescue! *smiles* And I looked them up on the net, and we read some about them while discussing what would we *do* w/these little guys. They were so cute/funny looking, w/their heads as big as their bodies. I suspected that the mother opossum was just out for a spin, and would most likely be right back (they were very healthy). Chris scoffed at the idea, he was almost certain they were abandoned! I think he just wanted more critters to take care of, hah!
So, we all went outside, w/flashlight as it was now dark, and we were off to rescue those last 4 poor little abandoned baby opossums. Well, what do you know! Once Chris got up that ladder to the nest, who do you think was there to meet him but the Momma opossum, w/the other 4 babes happily tucked in her pouch! LOL! So, he carefully put the other 3 he'd so thoughtfully *rescued* back in the nest, while Momma opossum, a bit freaked out, climbed as far out on a limb as she could possibly manage...Nathan and Tabitha had mixed feelings. The next day, we found that the nest was empty...Momma opossum had taken her babies to find a new, more *private* home, no doubt! *smiles* Who can blame her, bunch of well-meanin', do-gooder humans nosin' in her nest! So, that was our latest adventure...
Last week, Chris and Nathan enjoyed trying out their knife-throwing skills, using especially designed knives Chris picked up in Gatlinburg. Chris had retrieved some stall doors, from an antique barn, and they're using that as a back-stop to throw at. Nathan started off doing better than Dad, w/the first round at 4-7. But Dad was just warming up, and took the championship winning two of their three rounds. And they're working on their "Num-Chuck Skills", inbetween "hunting for wolverines in Alaska"!
|
|















