Monday, June 06, 2005
mail, much motivation, mortgage money, ministering men, martyrs magazine, & many movies!
I did actually set all but three of my email lists to no-mail earlier this week, so that I can better focus in on our family and getting some things around here done during the rest of the summer. We're still remodeling the house, and so I've got a 101 projects constantly beckoning me that I've basicly just ignored for some time now, due to prior burn out. But I've been hit with a wave of motivation here lately (wonder, could it possibly have anything to do with the fact that we've ALOT of company coming over from MS, and from FL for a visit end of this month?! just a little maybe!;), and so have been back to painting walls, shelves, etc. So, with that, weeding the gardens, park days, kids, meals, etc...the days do fly.
We have a guy coming to do the appraisal (haven't set a day yet though) on our house, for the refinancing of our mortgage. We need it to be a certain amount to meet what our mort. lender has pre-approved our equity loan amt. for, so we can pay off the truck...*hoping*. Our family is doing good though overall. It seems like during crisis (we've had our share over the years!) Chris and I have really learned to pull together and lean on eachother well, so we do feel such a comradery as we go through these financial turmoils here, trying not to stress out, and are encouraging eachother as we're looking to the Lord for our help. I'm so thankful to be married to my best friend!
Chris was in a really good mood when he came home this evening, his appts. went fairly well. While he was out, taking the kids to their second night of VBS, a friend of ours from church called to see if Chris was coming to their mens' mtg., and to ask if he could share our prayer needs with the whole group...this ministered to me tremendously, just his sheer thoughtfulness. He also shared that he's been praying for us, and knows how it feels to "not have two cents to rub together". ;) Thankfully, we're not there yet though! Have, however, been there before though! Chris has now gone to this men's Bible study group he's been a part of every other Mon. evening, since last Fall. I know those men will lift us up in prayer tonight, and really encourage Chris, which is what he needs. These kinds of trying times just weigh down heavy, on a man trying to provide for his family especially.
I'm doing alright too, just praying and trusting, and being encouraged in the Word daily... I got my latest Voice of Martyrs mag. in the mail yesterday, and upon reading throughout it about the persecution and poverty that the Christians in Bangladesh are going through *right NOW*, I was truly humbled and reminded to be praying for them, and count our own blessings...even if we were to lose the truck...that is such a small thing really, in light of the *big picture*. As we've been remembering our brothers and sisters that are literally dying for the faith, it's certainly strengthened my/our resolve to bear my/our tiny little cross here with a joyful spirit. Uggh, now I sound like the martyr...that's not at all what I intended!LOL! WE ARE TRULY BLESSED, and as Tabitha's been singing lately (her VBS songs)..."A thankful heart has no room for complaining..." and "I'll thank Him in my joy"..."I'll thank Him in my pain"... That's what these Christians who are being persecuted, beat up, tortured, thrown in prison, and their brethren murdered, are saying, that they are THANKFUL to the Lord that through all these trials HE is *strengthening* their faith! And so, I am being encouraged by my brethren over seas...they have challenged me in ways beyond what I can express in words...truly His burden is easy, and His yoke is light.
Last night Chris and I watched The Patriot (one of his favs., along w/Braveheart and some others)... it's a tough one for me, always makes me cry, and brings such foreboding thoughts to mind, to even consider the thoughts of what it would be like to experience war on our own soil, in our own back yards, affecting our children... which brings my thoughts to those who do have near and dear ones fighting in the war right now... we're offering up our prayers for you and yours!
We also watched Robin Hood w/Kevin Costner, and Nathan was thrilled that we let him stay up and watch it with us (covering his eyes during the unsuitable parts of course). We'd just been, with some friends, to the Theatre Bristol a couple of weeks ago to watch their rendition of The Adventures of Robin Hood performed live by the drama team there, it was quite comical. But I think Nathan laughed himself silly over the Friar Tuck character in the movie. It was fun... And then, also about a week ago, we watched Gods & Generals too, which is always sooo good! General Jackson was such an amazing man... Later this week Tabitha and I will be going to a friends house to enjoy a girls' night, complete with an Anne of Green Gables/Anne of Avonlea marathon...yippee!! YES, a good movie is indeed good for the soul!
We have a guy coming to do the appraisal (haven't set a day yet though) on our house, for the refinancing of our mortgage. We need it to be a certain amount to meet what our mort. lender has pre-approved our equity loan amt. for, so we can pay off the truck...*hoping*. Our family is doing good though overall. It seems like during crisis (we've had our share over the years!) Chris and I have really learned to pull together and lean on eachother well, so we do feel such a comradery as we go through these financial turmoils here, trying not to stress out, and are encouraging eachother as we're looking to the Lord for our help. I'm so thankful to be married to my best friend!
Chris was in a really good mood when he came home this evening, his appts. went fairly well. While he was out, taking the kids to their second night of VBS, a friend of ours from church called to see if Chris was coming to their mens' mtg., and to ask if he could share our prayer needs with the whole group...this ministered to me tremendously, just his sheer thoughtfulness. He also shared that he's been praying for us, and knows how it feels to "not have two cents to rub together". ;) Thankfully, we're not there yet though! Have, however, been there before though! Chris has now gone to this men's Bible study group he's been a part of every other Mon. evening, since last Fall. I know those men will lift us up in prayer tonight, and really encourage Chris, which is what he needs. These kinds of trying times just weigh down heavy, on a man trying to provide for his family especially.
I'm doing alright too, just praying and trusting, and being encouraged in the Word daily... I got my latest Voice of Martyrs mag. in the mail yesterday, and upon reading throughout it about the persecution and poverty that the Christians in Bangladesh are going through *right NOW*, I was truly humbled and reminded to be praying for them, and count our own blessings...even if we were to lose the truck...that is such a small thing really, in light of the *big picture*. As we've been remembering our brothers and sisters that are literally dying for the faith, it's certainly strengthened my/our resolve to bear my/our tiny little cross here with a joyful spirit. Uggh, now I sound like the martyr...that's not at all what I intended!LOL! WE ARE TRULY BLESSED, and as Tabitha's been singing lately (her VBS songs)..."A thankful heart has no room for complaining..." and "I'll thank Him in my joy"..."I'll thank Him in my pain"... That's what these Christians who are being persecuted, beat up, tortured, thrown in prison, and their brethren murdered, are saying, that they are THANKFUL to the Lord that through all these trials HE is *strengthening* their faith! And so, I am being encouraged by my brethren over seas...they have challenged me in ways beyond what I can express in words...truly His burden is easy, and His yoke is light.
Last night Chris and I watched The Patriot (one of his favs., along w/Braveheart and some others)... it's a tough one for me, always makes me cry, and brings such foreboding thoughts to mind, to even consider the thoughts of what it would be like to experience war on our own soil, in our own back yards, affecting our children... which brings my thoughts to those who do have near and dear ones fighting in the war right now... we're offering up our prayers for you and yours!
We also watched Robin Hood w/Kevin Costner, and Nathan was thrilled that we let him stay up and watch it with us (covering his eyes during the unsuitable parts of course). We'd just been, with some friends, to the Theatre Bristol a couple of weeks ago to watch their rendition of The Adventures of Robin Hood performed live by the drama team there, it was quite comical. But I think Nathan laughed himself silly over the Friar Tuck character in the movie. It was fun... And then, also about a week ago, we watched Gods & Generals too, which is always sooo good! General Jackson was such an amazing man... Later this week Tabitha and I will be going to a friends house to enjoy a girls' night, complete with an Anne of Green Gables/Anne of Avonlea marathon...yippee!! YES, a good movie is indeed good for the soul!
|
|















