Saturday, July 30, 2005

the quote in its entirety...

“It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom; without this it goes to wreck and ruin without fail. It is a very grave mistake to think that the enjoyment of seeing and searching can be promoted by means of coercion and a sense of duty. To the contrary, I believe it would be possible to rob even a healthy beast of prey of its voraciousness, if it were possible, with the aid of a whip, to force the beast to devour continuously, even when not hungry, especially if the food, handed out under such coercion, were to be selected accordingly.”
~ Albert Einstein, winner of the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics.

I love this quote, and had previously only posted it in part, but now, thanks to my friend Cynthia, of GracefulJourney, I have read it in its entirety. And naturally, it's even richer this way, so I just had to follow suit and repost it, in its entirety! Thanks Cynthia!!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?