Thursday, July 28, 2005
on counting my blessings...
"How greatly we need to use the golden keys of penitence and of willingness to forgive others; and to be thankful and to wear the garment of praise instead of the spirit of heaviness and murmuring. For by means of such keys we can quicken our spiritual awareness, and can open the door to heavenly joys which we have long locked out of our lives by unheavenly attitudes and habits."
~Walking Among the Unseen, by Hannah Hurnard
Profiting from Trials
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
~James 1.2-8
~Walking Among the Unseen, by Hannah Hurnard
Profiting from Trials
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
~James 1.2-8
Comments:
<< Home
Hello and Greetings - I was out trying to find Christian and Bible Blogs and came across yours. You have put together an very interesting blog. I was trying to find Christian sites pertaining to Old Testament Kings... I have a website http://www.BibleFamilyTree.com that may be of interest to you as well.
With Many Blessings,
Old Testament Kings
With Many Blessings,
Old Testament Kings
Hi D.~
Thanks! I have checked out your site, very nice. I'll definitely be visitinig it again when I have more time to peruse.
Post a Comment
Thanks! I have checked out your site, very nice. I'll definitely be visitinig it again when I have more time to peruse.
<< Home
|
|

















