Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Journaling...

The kids and I have begun sharing a quiet time together each morning, with our Bibles, journals and pencils (usually we go outside, early morning). The kids were very excited that I bought them each their own highlighters.;) Pocahontas loves to write in her journal, and has been doing so often, either her own words, or copying fav. scriptures from her Bible. Durer, who avoids writing whenever possible, prefers to just read his Bible, and think, which is fine for now...the writing will come.;)
I like the idea someone recently mentioned on one of my email lists, about making a prayer journal, and even adding pics. I think I shall do that with them *today*, start a seperate prayer journal to share as a family. What a grand idea, as we're constantly praying for family, missionaries, the persecuted church, etc...and what a great way to get more actively involved in this...a prayer NOTEBOOK! ;)
I recently met an inspiring lady, Jill Novak, who has a lot to say about the importance of your personal journaling, nature journaling, and writing with your kids... her new blog has already been so inspiring to me. Thanks Jill, I'm inspired to continue in our recent endeavours to make journaling a top priority at our house!!
And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. Job 42.10
|
|















