Monday, July 18, 2005

faith in fruition...

Nice title, huh? I borrowed the idea from my blogging sista, Jamie Leigh, who has recently started a new category on her blog by the same title, as I could think of no more appropriate title for this post than that phrase. Yes, fruition is a good word, indeed...

Fruition\n. 1:pleasurable use or possession: enjoyment. 2a: the state of bearing fruit, b: realization, accomplishment. ~ ye olde, trusty Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary

The idea is based upon Hebrews 11:1 ~
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Aaahh, yes, faith... to TRUST in our Lord, the Waymaker, when we cannot see any *way* to be had... truly, a recurring theme in the lives of those who've struck covenant with the living God... faith, without which, we cannot please God. Faith, which comes from Him alone...

Many of you who know us, or have kept up with my little blogging project here, are somewhat aware of the fact that we've had some very trying times lately (esp. financially), with Chris's last job (which paid him extremely well last year) now falling through. So, he's been selling insurance, and is now looking into some other venues, but meanwhile, the well is dry... and we're simply leaning on Jesus, looking to HIM to fill it. Now, sure, we do fully understand that testing and trials are to be an expected part of our Christian walk, for he does truly test the righteous, and *trusting* Him has been an ever present lesson in our lives it seems...So, I am at peace, and we have even found a sustaining joy that is my/our strength through these easily stressful times.

We've had some interesting years indeed, more of which I do hope to share of in the future. But for now, let it suffice to say that we've experienced times of both feast and famine...I've learned, peculiarly enough, that during times of financial famine, we have always been so blessed by our Lord with spiritual feasts from His Word, and material provisions and encouragements He's sent our way to sustain us by routes we could not have construed on our own, or even received when everything was all hunky-dory. Know what I mean?

It's been during these times of figurative drought and famine that we've received some of our most personal words of direction and comfort from the Lord, assurances of his presence, confirmed in such personal ways. Also, during these times, which, with Chris's being in commission sales for many years now, we've had more than a few of, we've seen God provide miraculously for our physical needs as well.

One instance in particular comes to mind. It was at least 4 years ago, when we were short of $, and so discouraged. The pantry was bare, and we had no $ for groceries, all our $ had paid the mortgage that month... even as I was bemoaning the "facts" to Chris and wondering what we'd do, there was a knock at our door. It was some very good friends of ours, with armloads full of groceries. We'd not asked, nor even let on how dire our straits were at the time... they simply said that the Lord had told them to do this, and they were in turn blessed to realize how timely a blessing it was to us. HE is so amazingly gracious and merciful in HIS mindfulness of us and all our needs! Truly, it was an excercise in faith for all of us, and the tears and hugs were flowing all around.

Well, as I'd mentioned, this last year we've been abundantly blessed financially. I'm so thankful for a husband who shares my heart for giving. We have so enjoyed shoveling the $ right back out, and generously blessing others this past year, esp. family and fav. ministries. So, when Chris's job became null and void a few months ago... we were/are initially discouraged to say the least... but even so, we're reminded of how truly petty our troubles are in the bigger picture. I mean, consider our Christian brothers and sisters even giving their own lives, and risking bodily harm to their families simply by their professions of faith in Jesus as God, and King of their lives. Think of Job (whose book was the first I read as a Christian, and one I'm planning to read anew this week).

And so, it is with humble thanksgiving that I now share our most recent testimony of His faithfulness, of our faith in fruition... of His very tangible aknowledgement to us of His mindfullness of our current financial woes and job situation, our NEEDINESS of His intervention in our daily affairs.

Bear in mind that we've not even lived here in TN for a year yet... we're states away from all of our long-time friends and family. And yet, God has so richly blessed us with the loving acceptance and comradery of a supportive community of fellow believers in Him, many of which do also homeschool, many of which do not. Anyways, few of these new friends of ours have we actually gotten to know intimately yet (as I'm sure you know, that just takes time...), and therefore, few know too well of our struggles. Chris has shared some of our concerns/needs and his prayer requests with the men he meets with for his bi-weekly Bible study, and I've shared openly with my good friend, Jennifer, our kids' riding instructor, but that's about it... Chris and I are pretty private people when it comes to that sort of thing, we don't like "airing our dirty laundry" sort of speak, and it was even somewhat awkward/hard for Chris to ask for prayer in this. We've no pride left I don't think, it's more just all the other facets that can then go along with this type of situation once you let on you're struggling finacially...like people worrying about you, and asking if things are okay all the time. But, God knows...and that's apparently indeed enough!!

Apparently, someone around here (we've no idea WHO!) has been led of the Lord to generously bless us this past week. I received a phone call from our church office last Friday afternoon. It's a large church, averaging 2,000 attending on a wknd., and so we don't know a whole lot of people from there yet, even though we've been there since last Fall. We've just gotten to know some of the people from our home fellowship group, which is wonderful, esp. some of the homeschoolers whom we share other activities with as well.

Anyways, the secretary asks me if I can come by there and pick up something she has for me, or if she can drop it by our house (how friendly of her, as I don't even know her!). I asked if we'd left something there, to which she replied, "No, someone has anonymously left you a gift that I want to be sure gets to you." Well, I was certainly intrigued, and puzzled, and excited too. We ended up arranging for her to leave it at the welome center in a large manilla envelope with our name on it. So I picked it up Sunday morning, and on the way home, opened it up... expecting it would be $, but not expecting it would be $1K in cash!! How the Lord knows our hearts, and our needs... truly, the money is a blessing. But even more meaningful to us than the money, is the message that He's so specifically relayed to us in this transaction... HE is mindful of our needs... He is faithful, and He is our Provider. And that we do have some friends here with truly generous and loving hearts... friends who aren't judging us, or our situation, by our outward appearance (as Chris has a *really* nice truck and we've a nice house too, but we've really nice bills now too!), nor gauging there obedience to God by appearances, or their own estimations of what/how we should be handling this tough situation, and our finances.

How I've prayed that God would encourage Chris, and will soon bless him, and all the work he does, as he is a man of such upstanding integrity, and love for the Lord, and His Truth. Chris has always been so giving of himself to others, and we've cheerfully planted alot of seeds in others' lives. I'm just so joyfully blessed to now reap some harvest when we need it most... it's this affirmation of HIS Way, seeing these principles of spiritual truth play out in our life that is building us up. And without this and other times of darkness, we would not see Him shine so brightly.

And, to top it all off, would you believe that the following applicable scriptures are taken from my notes of last Sunday's sermon...the day I received this gift from HIM? *smiles*...aaah, to know Him, it is well, all is well with my soul...

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. ~ Galatians 6.7-10

Let a man not deceive himself by trusting what is worthless, for he will get nothing in return. ~ Job 15.31


For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
~ Hebrews 6.10

Thank you for your faithfulness in giving to Him, whoever you are... may He bless you a thousand times over...
Comments:
Thanks for sharing, what a blessing!
 
It was really strange that last year I had a dream about you and Chris and your finances. John told me not to say anything about it. But what was really awesome about my dream was how you guys relied on the Lord. I was visiting your house in my dream, with a couple or one of the children. I took some food out of this brown bag and felt guilty because you and Chris were in such need. But as I sat there Chris had all of you around the table and reading from the Bible and you were all peaceful. I just wanted to share it with you.
 
Jen,
It was sooo good to hear from you, thanks for calling! We miss you all, way over there in FL!! How encouraging to hear of this dream now...truly, God's timing is perfect. love you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?