Friday, October 14, 2005

Aaack! I've spawned more bloggers!!

So, this morning when I woke up I was greeted by an eager "Mom, can I get on and see if Evan's written me anything back, or if I have any comments?! Can I?"... Uh, well... Good morning Nathan! I'm thinking, "Um, no, I get the computer FIRST!" So, anyways, yeah, my 9yos has now jumped on board as well and just started his own blog, upon being quite inspired at finding out that his good friend in FL, Evan, has now started his own blog, and had sent Tabitha an email to let her know he'd put her on his "friends" list.

So, I walked him through it... "What do you want your blog user name to be? The name of your blog? Picture for your avatar?" He said, "Well, we don't have any really good close-up pics. of me that I want to use (thus he's chosen to use a pic. of our doggie, Professor Sam) but I remembered the pic. I'd taken of him this past wknd., at a museum in Waynesville, NC, with this hilarious painting "Preaching to the Chickens". We like to teasingly affirm eachother when we speak some "great, profound or simple truth" with, "PREACH it NATHAN!", or "PREACH it TABA!", Momma, Dad, etc... So, when we saw this painting we all fell out laughing!

And then, we had this ZANY idea... I jokingly, quite sarcastically said "Well, you could call your blog 'Preachin' to the Chickens'!!" He started laughing hysterically and literally fell over onto me, in my chair next to his, out of his chair. Then I lost it, and Taba as well. We all laughed ourselves absolutely silly at the thought (maybe we were a bit delirious, it was a bit passed their bedtime, as Dad had gotten a phone call right as he was tucking them in, and at the same time I exclaimed that Evan had sent an email and started a blog, which brought them out of bed and in to the MAC). SO! After having so much fun over the *thought* of it, "SuperPanther" has now decided to officially name his blog "Preachin' to the Chickens". It fits him, he's a nut, and a missionary in training as well, right? For the fun of it, here's the story behind the painting, which we'd looked up and read last night. I'm thinking this painting must be a copy of the other I just linked with the story, or vice versa, as they're almost identical, but different.

Anyways, I've now got two other little bloggers in training, one diligently doing the dishes, and awaiting "his turn" on the computer, so gotta run! Taba's just set up her new game, Herd Your Horses, (came in the mail from her Great Grandmother, a fellow equestrian) and so I'm going to play and read with my kids now. *sighs* Life is good...

I'll share some more pics. from our trip to Sky Valley, GA and Waynesville, NC last wknd. asap. We had a great time, and I found a little treasure too, at an antique store...
Comments:
That's a funny picture (and cute story behind it). I love reading how much fun you have together as a family. It's a beautiful thing!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?