Saturday, January 14, 2006
A Tragic Story ~ Save Jackson Bortz

Here's an excerpt from the story;
Two weeks ago, Rachel was holding Dylan in his baby seat and Jack ran past her in the kitchen. Rachel lost the grip on the baby seat and Dylan fell to the floor. Both my son Matthew and I were eye witnesses to this. Rachel and I quickly picked Dylan up and applied ice to his head. All he had was a tiny bruise under his eye and a slight puffiness on his eyelid. Five days later we found him in his bed not breathing. Sadly, the bump on his head from five days earlier caused his death and we are grieving beyond imagination.
Now DFCS (Department of Family and Children’s Services) has stolen our grandson Jackson away for no cause. Last week, we had a hearing in front of a judge and the judge allowed Rachel and Don to have unlimited, unsupervised visits with their son Jackson at his paternal grandparents home.
Click here for the family's first post, which tells the complete story. It is found on the site they started recently, Save Jackson Bortz, where you may read the updates as well.
This is so very sad, and the implications are far-reaching and scary to any parent... that a CPS or DFCS agent can literally come in and just TAKE someone's child like this... and that the judge can merely "make recommendations" to them? Where's the checks and balances here? And that's the scary part... there seem to be none!
I'm praying and trusting that Jackson will be restored to his family, I only hope it's sooner than later! I can't imagine what this family must be going through right now, what a nightmare. But God is Faithful, and He is with little Jackson and his family even now... in this dark hour.
Hat-tip to Spunky.
Comments:
<< Home
That's so heartbreaking - I can't even imagine how strong that family's sorrow must be! Thanks for mentioning it, so that I could pray about it.
I am sorry to hear this.
What a shame! We are keeping them in prayer.
If you or anyone else would like to visit a blog I really enjoy, Brandy is a wonderful mother and has a Budding ministry with her Husband.
Their Outpost is a good place to make prayer requests.
http://zionmissionaryoutpost.org/wanderinghomemaker/
What a shame! We are keeping them in prayer.
If you or anyone else would like to visit a blog I really enjoy, Brandy is a wonderful mother and has a Budding ministry with her Husband.
Their Outpost is a good place to make prayer requests.
http://zionmissionaryoutpost.org/wanderinghomemaker/
What a tragedy. I am sure the mother thought that there could not be to much wrong since the baby had such a small injury. These people have been in my thoughts and prayers. I was just thinking the other day the times that my children had taken a tumble or a spill and sometimes you just don't think anything about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home
|
|

















