Monday, January 09, 2006

Psalm 4

Something about this Psalm just moves me every time I read it... in a way that I can hardly articulate. That's probably why it's been a favorite of mine, and a comfort to my soul for years now... I have found it to be true.

The Psalms
4

An Evening Prayer of Trust in God
To the chief Musician on Neg'inoth, A Psalm of David.

1 Hear me when I call,
O God of my righteousness:
thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress;
have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
2 O ye sons of men,
how long will ye turn my glory into shame?
How long will ye love vanity,
and seek after leasing?
Selah.
3 But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself:
the LORD will hear when I call unto him.
4 Stand in awe, and sin not: Eph. 4.26
commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still.
Selah.
5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
and put your trust in the LORD.
6 There be many that say, Who will show us any good?
LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.
7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart,
more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.
8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep:
for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Comments:
Psalms has such a wealth of spiritual truth to offer. I think most of us have found ourselves turning to Psalms at times when our souls were restless or troubled.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?