Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Rather Blustery Day...

It's been another gorgeous, sunny day over here, with a pleasant amount of wind and in the mid-70's. Chris and N have been outside doing more yardwork, and are now scoping out the Oak tree that is now to become the center piece of our new tree-house project. Chris went to Lowe's last night and was a bit daunted at how much $ just the basic beams and hardware cost him already. Yep, he wanted to run right out of there, but he got the stuff! And I encouraged him to take heart! Afterall, our kids are growing older so fast, and THESE are the days for a tree-house... if not now, when? So, for the sake of making childhood memories, we press onwards, broke, but with a dream! We are applying all holiday gift $'s we receive to this work in progress.

Taba and I are preparing a picnic lunch to bring out there to the guys (to surprise them), and we'll eat it under the big 'ol oak tree and bask in eachothers' presence and our play-house dreams.

We've made Celestial Seasoning's Peach Iced Tea, breaded cod fish fillets, with home-made tartar sauce (fave mayo., sweet-pickle relish and a dash of cayenne pepper), homemade buttermilk banana bread (I made it a couple weeks ago, and just thawed some out) and pickles we canned this summer (our first!), and some fish sticks with ketchup, potatoe wedges baked with olive oil, rosemary and sea salt, and some ruby red and granny smith apple wedges.

We're having a "Two-Hero Party!" on this "rather blustery day"...

The Tree


The Masterbuilder


The Masterbuilder's Apprentice


and gopher...



the supports for the supporting beams (too many roots in the ground to dig).

*Side Note; The treehouse will be 14x14' instead of 12x12', since the 14' beams were not too much more $ than the 12'...
I'm so excited!

Comments:
Somehow I missed this post earlier. I always loved my childhood treehouses, though they were usually simple boards wedged in branches affairs. Your lunch sounded delicious, btw!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?