Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Our evening last night~

Last night we wanted to just get out of the house and do something as a family, but we didn't really want to go to any of the many local "Fall Festivals", which is what we've done in years past. So, we did something that we don't really get to do very often. We took the kids to the local movie cinema to see a movie on the big screen. The last movie we saw was Because of Winn Dixie, last summer (loved it!).

But first we ordered a couple of take-out pizzas from Papa John's. They have a great special here on Mon./Tues. nights, large one-topping pizzas for only $5.99. So, we took our pizzas to a local park and had a nice twilight picnic (yeah, it was getting dark an hour earlier! LOL!) Then we went to the dollar tree to load up on cheap candy, and headed to the mall for the 7:25 movie...

Dreamer was so good, sweet and inspiring! The story is about family, and putting family first. Chris even said he "was tearing up throughout it"... We enjoyed our evening tremendously. I was so blessed as I sat there beside my precious daughter, she reaching over, grabbed my hand and, cupping it in hers, kissed it numerous times before setting it down in her lap, embraced by her own...*sighs* So, there I sat holding hands and eating skittles with my little girl, watching a glorious "horse racing movie" on the big screen. I hope she never forgets it, I know I won't... Nathan really liked the movie too. We all had fun whispering back and forth. And, being the first to arrive, we got the best seats in the house, top and center.
Comments:
Sounds like a great night! I like Sour Gummy worms or sour Skittles for my movie candy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?