Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Me & my MIL with the Quilt that I *wish* I'd made...
Well, here's the infamous quilt behind me in my profile photo... It's lovely, I know! I've had a couple inquiries as to whether or not I did it. And the answer is NO.
This is my lovely, wonderful MIL in the photo with me. The pic was taken the wknd. before last, during our trip to visit her and my FIL at their time share in Sky Valley, GA. We went to this little arts and crafts festival in Waynesville, NC and I fell in love with the quilt! Though I now wish I'd taken a pic of it alone, without us *in FRONT* of it! LOL!
My MIL is usually mistaken as being *MY* Mom, rather than Chris's, since we look more alike than they do. I adore her, she's such a blessing in our lives. I should write more about her soon.

I'm hoping that maybe it's a prophetic picture as I've sure been thinking how very fun 'twould be to make a quilt like that, or even to just start painting again! Once upon a time I was an artist... now I'm just artistIC, as an artist actually DOES and creates all the wonderful things they think up! LOL! Yeah, I was a broke fine arts major in college, when I met my hubby, and sold most of my artwork (painting and sculpture, a little bit of pottery) to pay for paints, english muffins, tortillas and ramen noodles. I literally dream I'm painting sometimes!
So yeah, I'm hoping this pic is foretelling of all the creativity that will soon be flowing from me as I get back into painting, more writing, sewing and basicly just actually DOING all those wonderful things that I'm forever THINKING of to DO. But for now, I must first be content with the more practical, to get the rest of our hallway walls painted, and then our doors and trim... Though I've been thinking it would certainly be *Very* practical of me to start painting again, especially if I could then turn around and start selling my artwork again... making a little extra $ would be VERY PRACTICAL I think! But then, *when* would I blog?! Aaaah, such dilemmas...
I like to say that these passed few years, I've been working on my life's masterpieces, the treasures that I can actually take with me when I cross the Jordan... our children! So, it's all good.

This is my lovely, wonderful MIL in the photo with me. The pic was taken the wknd. before last, during our trip to visit her and my FIL at their time share in Sky Valley, GA. We went to this little arts and crafts festival in Waynesville, NC and I fell in love with the quilt! Though I now wish I'd taken a pic of it alone, without us *in FRONT* of it! LOL!
My MIL is usually mistaken as being *MY* Mom, rather than Chris's, since we look more alike than they do. I adore her, she's such a blessing in our lives. I should write more about her soon.

I'm hoping that maybe it's a prophetic picture as I've sure been thinking how very fun 'twould be to make a quilt like that, or even to just start painting again! Once upon a time I was an artist... now I'm just artistIC, as an artist actually DOES and creates all the wonderful things they think up! LOL! Yeah, I was a broke fine arts major in college, when I met my hubby, and sold most of my artwork (painting and sculpture, a little bit of pottery) to pay for paints, english muffins, tortillas and ramen noodles. I literally dream I'm painting sometimes!
So yeah, I'm hoping this pic is foretelling of all the creativity that will soon be flowing from me as I get back into painting, more writing, sewing and basicly just actually DOING all those wonderful things that I'm forever THINKING of to DO. But for now, I must first be content with the more practical, to get the rest of our hallway walls painted, and then our doors and trim... Though I've been thinking it would certainly be *Very* practical of me to start painting again, especially if I could then turn around and start selling my artwork again... making a little extra $ would be VERY PRACTICAL I think! But then, *when* would I blog?! Aaaah, such dilemmas...
I like to say that these passed few years, I've been working on my life's masterpieces, the treasures that I can actually take with me when I cross the Jordan... our children! So, it's all good.
Comments:
<< Home
I've been desiring to get more creative lately myself. I used to draw, and at one point I bought a sewing machine, which I've yet to use. Maybe someday soon! Right now my days are full of baby, dishes, baby, laundry, baby, blogging, baby, and some hubby here and there too. ;) I'd love to make some quilts some day. I love patchwork quilts.
Post a Comment
<< Home
|
|
















