Saturday, October 15, 2005
American Girls ~ Did you see this?
My husband alerted me to this article over at WND, (I've included direct links within the text).
American Girl teams with pro-abortion, pro-lesbian group (Girls Inc.) Family advocates warn parents of doll maker's partnership
Posted: October 13, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com
Family advocates are warning parents that the popular American Girl doll maker, owned by Mattel, is partnering with a group that supports abortion and lesbianism.
In August, American Girl launched the "I Can" campaign with Girls Inc., urging girls to take a pledge and purchase a special bracelet.
With every purchase of the "I Can" band, 70 cents is given to Girls Inc. in addition to American Girl's contribution of $50,000.
"Parents need to know that this effort to promote self-esteem among girls is not as innocent as it seems," said Ann Scheidler, executive director of the Pro-Life Action League. "While Girls Inc. has some good programs, they also support abortion, oppose abstinence-only education for girls and condone lesbianism."
The American Family Association also has initiated a campaign to warn parents.
On its website, Girls Inc. says it supports a girl's right to abort an unwanted baby and promotion of contraceptives for girls.
The group also offers resources encouraging lesbian and bisexual lifestyles.
One publication, "Free your mind: The book for gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth and their allies," states, "The emergence of a lesbian identity is an ongoing process, rather than an event."
"Parents associate American Girl dolls with wholesome American family values, yet Girls Inc. contradicts parents' most basic moral beliefs," Scheidler said. "We're encouraging parents, grandparents and other family members to write and call American Girl President Ellen L. Brothers to object to the company's support for Girls Inc."
Scheidler said she hopes American Girl will sever ties with Girls Inc. before the League calls for a boycott of American Girl products and launches a picketing campaign at the American Girl Place retail stores in Chicago and New York.
****************************************************************
How saddening and maddening is that?! Our 6yod has only recently gotten quite interested in the American Girls series. How now can we with a clear conscience buy ANY more of their books, or dolls, knowing who they've affiliated themselves with, and the agenda that they have chosen to aggressively support? I will be emailing the American Girl President to voice our concerns.
email; Ellen L. Brothers; ellen.brothers@americangirl.com
Here's also a snip from an email I received this morning via a local homeschool group;
>>Of course, American Girl itself is a separate company, unrelated to Girls, Inc. except now by webpage and the seventy cents on every bracelet. I checked out the Girls, Inc. website, and it is exactly as I have told you.
I hope you will take time to let American Girl know they are making a terrible mistake by supporting the pro-abortion, pro-lesbian organization, Girls Inc.
Please send them an email expressing your disappointment and let American Girl president Ellen Brothers know the company's decision casts a great shadow over their trustworthiness to put the welfare of girls and children first. >>
American Girl teams with pro-abortion, pro-lesbian group (Girls Inc.) Family advocates warn parents of doll maker's partnership
Posted: October 13, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com
Family advocates are warning parents that the popular American Girl doll maker, owned by Mattel, is partnering with a group that supports abortion and lesbianism.
In August, American Girl launched the "I Can" campaign with Girls Inc., urging girls to take a pledge and purchase a special bracelet.
With every purchase of the "I Can" band, 70 cents is given to Girls Inc. in addition to American Girl's contribution of $50,000.
"Parents need to know that this effort to promote self-esteem among girls is not as innocent as it seems," said Ann Scheidler, executive director of the Pro-Life Action League. "While Girls Inc. has some good programs, they also support abortion, oppose abstinence-only education for girls and condone lesbianism."
The American Family Association also has initiated a campaign to warn parents.
On its website, Girls Inc. says it supports a girl's right to abort an unwanted baby and promotion of contraceptives for girls.
The group also offers resources encouraging lesbian and bisexual lifestyles.
One publication, "Free your mind: The book for gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth and their allies," states, "The emergence of a lesbian identity is an ongoing process, rather than an event."
"Parents associate American Girl dolls with wholesome American family values, yet Girls Inc. contradicts parents' most basic moral beliefs," Scheidler said. "We're encouraging parents, grandparents and other family members to write and call American Girl President Ellen L. Brothers to object to the company's support for Girls Inc."
Scheidler said she hopes American Girl will sever ties with Girls Inc. before the League calls for a boycott of American Girl products and launches a picketing campaign at the American Girl Place retail stores in Chicago and New York.
****************************************************************
How saddening and maddening is that?! Our 6yod has only recently gotten quite interested in the American Girls series. How now can we with a clear conscience buy ANY more of their books, or dolls, knowing who they've affiliated themselves with, and the agenda that they have chosen to aggressively support? I will be emailing the American Girl President to voice our concerns.
email; Ellen L. Brothers; ellen.brothers@americangirl.com
Here's also a snip from an email I received this morning via a local homeschool group;
>>Of course, American Girl itself is a separate company, unrelated to Girls, Inc. except now by webpage and the seventy cents on every bracelet. I checked out the Girls, Inc. website, and it is exactly as I have told you.
I hope you will take time to let American Girl know they are making a terrible mistake by supporting the pro-abortion, pro-lesbian organization, Girls Inc.
Please send them an email expressing your disappointment and let American Girl president Ellen Brothers know the company's decision casts a great shadow over their trustworthiness to put the welfare of girls and children first. >>
Comments:
<< Home
This is so sad. It's hard to find products that are good for young girls in this day and age, and now this is being corrupted as well. I hope Ms. Brothers listens to her customer base!
I receive e-mails from AFR often so I have already seen this and sent "American Girl". This is very sad, but worse would be for us not to be informed and inform others so we can take action against such. ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ Thanks for sharing.
Hi Joelle~
I hope so too, it's sad yes, but I'm certainly not surprised. Afterall, they're a secular company. It is esp. disheartening though since our 6yod has just recently taken such an interest in AG's dolls and books, which are such great historical fiction for girls...;-(
Hi Brittany~
Love the quote! So true...
Hi Lisa~
Thanks for stopping by, nice to *meet* you! Yeah, I'd thought of that too!!:-)
Post a Comment
I hope so too, it's sad yes, but I'm certainly not surprised. Afterall, they're a secular company. It is esp. disheartening though since our 6yod has just recently taken such an interest in AG's dolls and books, which are such great historical fiction for girls...;-(
Hi Brittany~
Love the quote! So true...
Hi Lisa~
Thanks for stopping by, nice to *meet* you! Yeah, I'd thought of that too!!:-)
<< Home
|
|
















