Sunday, October 16, 2005

Torah, Paul and legalism ~ sorting it all out

Robin Sampson of Heart of Wisdom has written a wonderfully informative, eloquently stated series of articles on a subject that I've been ruminating over for some time ~ the Law, Torah observance, legalism versus neglect and misinterpretations, and extremes in understandings, teachings and applications. After reading so many books and articles on this subject over the years, and doing our own studies, my husband and I have definitely become convinced that the mainstream church is definitely in the dark concerning most of this. How very different do we, in our Western mindsets and culture, perceive the Scriptures than did those who lived and wrote them.

I've found Robin's thoughts to be most timely, as I've been wanting to share some along these lines myself, but have been simply overwhelmed at where to begin. Of course, I'll share some more of my own fledgling thoughts on this subject as well eventually as I read and study. But meanwhile, I wanted to share with anyone interested what my mentor and inspiration of many years (via her books and articles) has written lately, and posted over at her blog. I'm going to be re-reading over these posts myself as well - with Chris, as I/we sort out my/our own thoughts some more.

Torah Observance and Paul

The Spirit of the Law
Extremes; License or Legalism
What is Torah?
Paul's Teachings on the Law
Comments:
Thank you, Beth, those were excellent!
Love and shalom,
Serena
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?