Saturday, December 10, 2005
We've been reading through the Narnia Chronicles...
And I've been going hoarse from reading far beyond my capacity, as I'm a sucker for "Momma, please, please, please...just ONE more chapter!!" LOL! We read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe first though (to insure that we finished it before the movie opens!) and are now about halfway through The Magician's Nephew... It's been a magical adventure thusfar, as I haven't read these since I was a child. It's amazing to me how much I vividly have remembered though, after all these years!;-) I read each of the seven books, one per day, for a week straight, sitting outside on our lawn, the summer before 5th grade.
I guess I've been a bookworm for as long as I can remember! And what a joy it is to now share these memorable tales with my little ones!

Here, at Hollywood Jesus, you may read some great analysis of the Narnia books, complete with vocab word explanations, and check out the various Nania links. Yes, there's some archaic language and mythological symbols you'll want to have accessible answers to as you read through the books...my kids didn't miss a beat/question! They've been absolutely enthralled!
**12/10 Update**
Here's is a free The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Unit Study by Amelia Harper, as well as some other resources listed. We shall be trying our hands at making some Turkish Delight, per the recipe provided in the unit study.
We just got home from watching the movie this afternoon! Some friends of ours had reserved a whole movie theatre for local homeschoolers. It was a WONDERFUL movie!
I guess I've been a bookworm for as long as I can remember! And what a joy it is to now share these memorable tales with my little ones!
Here, at Hollywood Jesus, you may read some great analysis of the Narnia books, complete with vocab word explanations, and check out the various Nania links. Yes, there's some archaic language and mythological symbols you'll want to have accessible answers to as you read through the books...my kids didn't miss a beat/question! They've been absolutely enthralled!
**12/10 Update**
Here's is a free The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Unit Study by Amelia Harper, as well as some other resources listed. We shall be trying our hands at making some Turkish Delight, per the recipe provided in the unit study.
We just got home from watching the movie this afternoon! Some friends of ours had reserved a whole movie theatre for local homeschoolers. It was a WONDERFUL movie!
|
|















