Thursday, January 19, 2006
Guess what we found...
at the local scratch-N-dent store recently... ? When I put them in our cart our daughter looked at me like I'd just flipped my lid, as she exclaimed, "Mo-um?! You're geeetting those?!" *smiles*
We found perfectly good packages of good for you (? okay, how 'bout better for you), all natural, oreo and chocolate chip cookies! Yep, they're made with all-natural, organic ingredients, unrefined sugars and contain 0 trans fat, NO hydrogenated oils, No artificial preservatives, flavors or colors! They're yummy (not the same, but good), and we got them for a mere $1/bag!
Yeah, who'd have thunk it? Good for you junk food? Back to Nature did...

We found perfectly good packages of good for you (? okay, how 'bout better for you), all natural, oreo and chocolate chip cookies! Yep, they're made with all-natural, organic ingredients, unrefined sugars and contain 0 trans fat, NO hydrogenated oils, No artificial preservatives, flavors or colors! They're yummy (not the same, but good), and we got them for a mere $1/bag!
Yeah, who'd have thunk it? Good for you junk food? Back to Nature did...

I also found a couple of cases of Serena Organic Blend Starbucks coffee, for $2/2 lb. bag (WAY cheap!), in perfectly sealed, good condition! I like tea, but I love good coffee, and it's so much better to drink organic if you just must have it every now and then! Yes, I stocked the freezer.:^)
So, go... find your own local scratch-N-dent store...you just never know what treasures may await your discerning eyes... Years ago, when we were still living in FL and my chillins were wee babes still, I bought organic baby foods from our scratch-N-dent for cheaper than the regular brands were at Wally world (WalMart). Needless to say, I was thrilled at my find... and glad for the *gift of thrift*!
And while I'm talking about healthy organic food I've found locally available, I may as well mention my favorite cereal (besides the granola I like to make myself), which we buy at WalMart; Kashi's Autumn Wheat cereal... this stuff is DElicioSO!

So, go... find your own local scratch-N-dent store...you just never know what treasures may await your discerning eyes... Years ago, when we were still living in FL and my chillins were wee babes still, I bought organic baby foods from our scratch-N-dent for cheaper than the regular brands were at Wally world (WalMart). Needless to say, I was thrilled at my find... and glad for the *gift of thrift*!
And while I'm talking about healthy organic food I've found locally available, I may as well mention my favorite cereal (besides the granola I like to make myself), which we buy at WalMart; Kashi's Autumn Wheat cereal... this stuff is DElicioSO!

Comments:
<< Home
I LOVE Back To Nature's Chocolate Chunk cookies. I found some at a similar type store in Knoxville and wish I'd stocked up. Not that I need them. Organic calories are still calories, unfortunately.
A note about starbucks-
I stopped drinking it.
Why?
Becasue they are supporting planned parenthood.
I can't find the sponsors anymore on PP website.
I would email Starbucks, and PP and ask.
I don't exspect you to take my word for it.
Everytime I see a Starbucks I crenge.
Now I drink Folgers and make it myself,
or get it out occasonaly at a tea room.
I stopped drinking it.
Why?
Becasue they are supporting planned parenthood.
I can't find the sponsors anymore on PP website.
I would email Starbucks, and PP and ask.
I don't exspect you to take my word for it.
Everytime I see a Starbucks I crenge.
Now I drink Folgers and make it myself,
or get it out occasonaly at a tea room.
Joelle~
Hi! Yeah, I've thought the same circle...hmmm...should've gotten more (these are good!)...but then again, they ARE STILL COOKIES! LOL! And again, they're too good, and getting eaten! LOL! And Chris and I surly don't need these calories either!:^)
Jaime~
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that, but don't buy Starbucks normally anyways (a bit pricey for our budget normally). However, buying food at a scratch-n-dent is comparable to buying your jeans at a thrift/second-hand store. They've already been paid for once by someone else. Calvin Klein won't get the $ for them at that point. And so, Starbucks won't see one of my pennies for all the coffee I just bought at the thrift food store anyways.
Thank you though for the info.
Hi! Yeah, I've thought the same circle...hmmm...should've gotten more (these are good!)...but then again, they ARE STILL COOKIES! LOL! And again, they're too good, and getting eaten! LOL! And Chris and I surly don't need these calories either!:^)
Jaime~
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that, but don't buy Starbucks normally anyways (a bit pricey for our budget normally). However, buying food at a scratch-n-dent is comparable to buying your jeans at a thrift/second-hand store. They've already been paid for once by someone else. Calvin Klein won't get the $ for them at that point. And so, Starbucks won't see one of my pennies for all the coffee I just bought at the thrift food store anyways.
Thank you though for the info.
Hi Beth,
I am glad to hear you will be making the quilt with us! I will be posting the first set of instructions on Monday. I would love to see a picture of the fabrics you are using--could you post a picture?
Post a Comment
I am glad to hear you will be making the quilt with us! I will be posting the first set of instructions on Monday. I would love to see a picture of the fabrics you are using--could you post a picture?
<< Home
|
|

















