Saturday, February 11, 2006

now she is seven...

We had a wonderful day today... It started last night really, as I stayed up late stringing streamers and baloons throughout our dining room so as to thrill a very special little girl this morning... She was grateful. This evening she came and sat on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck as she quite seriously said, "I'm so thankful for everything you do for me."
***sighs***
I just basked in her genuinely appreciative affection and assured her that I simply adore being her Mommy. She planted kisses on my lips between every other word I said... what a doll!

We had a full day, too much to tell, just moments of bliss and eachothers' presence. How I do pray that these memories are never forgotten, that our days together are of eternal value. How weepy I do feel right now as my children are growing up before my eyes. Joyful, and weepy, what bittersweetness, eh? My oldest will be 10 on the 26th! Next Saturday we're planning a big party for friends here at our house... but it's these days of quiet, intimate celebration that I shall cherish forever. Today T told me, and then told Daddy later as well, that this was her "best birthday ever!" Yes, it was right up there with her first for me as well. Lord, thank you for my daughter, thank you for interrupting mine and Chris's plans with yours, thank you for blessing us beyond our wildest dreams with this precious person You've created and entrusted to us...
Please do help me to know her, to love her and to lead her right.
**weeping now**
Oh, I'm getting so emotional in my old age...
I cut her hair on Wednesday, and just about started crying then. *snicker* pitiful I am...

Here she was early this morning, sleepy-eyed and thrilled to be "SURPRISED!"
Daddy had strewn crepe streamers that say "Happy Birthday" all around her bed, and across the doorway, where she'd awaken to festivity and have to walk through them to enter the room. He even put one atop the toilet seat... silly Daddy! Oh, how she loved it all, and how much fun we had thrilling her! LOL
Early this morning, Daddy and I shared a few moments of excitement with her, as she opened a couple of little presents before he went to work. We made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, and dirt cake for dessert. Once Dad got home, we went out on the town... to the mall, the dollar store, some toy and dept. stores, the pet store and then to The Golden Corral for a salad, steak and shrimp buffet (her choice).
Her new artsy horse t-shirt that Dad picked out for her.
She also got her own manicure set, strawberry lip gloss by Burt's Bees, and a tack and rider set by Schleich that she'd been wanting for her toy horses (it's a toy western saddle, which she wanted to go along with her English one)
"Yay! Just what I wanted!!"
Happy Birthday darling, you bring so much JOY to our lives...

Comments:
Rejoicing with you! Happy day when a beloved daughter turns seven! I know you treasure her.

Happy Birthday!
 
Great pictures! I know they grow up so fast.

So, is everyone hoping to wake up on Saturday to some snow? :)
 
I am new to your blog, but just have to tell you how much I enjoy it. As a mom to 4 I know how special b'days are. I would love to know how you made the dirt cake. It looked great! What a great alternative to a regular cake. Especially the worms! Hope she a great B'Day! Jeri
 
Sparrow~
I thank you...

Leslie~
Thank you too... Yes, it's this realization of how very fast the time is flying by that almost frightens me...
And YES, it's SNOWING here! You'll probably even get a bit more than us where you are, huh?:^)

Hi Jeri~
Welcome to *my place*, so glad to have you. Please do make yourself at home, and would you like coffee or tea, hmmm? *smiles*
Dirt Cake is so easy:
We like to layer ours in a glass bowl, so that we can see the layers, but my MIL uses a flower pot, which makes for a really cute presentation too.

You'll need:
2 boxes of instant pudding
Cool whip
Oreos
gummy worms
flowers for planting (silk, or real with foiled base)


Freeze as much Oreos as you'd like (I used a whole pack) overnight first, so that they grind up easily.

Then make your instant pudding up, giving it plenty of time to set in the fridge. We mixed up some vanilla and chocolate puddings, and made our cake half choc. and half vanilla.

You'll fold the cool whip in with the pudding. I didn't stir it too much, left it in swirls.

Then you grind up your oreos (we tried the blender per directions, but that didn't work, so we ended up grinding them with my mortar and pestle! LOL The kids enjoyed "making dirt")

Pour the ground oreos in bottom of your container of choice, then spoon a layer of your pudding/cool whip mixture atop the oreos, then plant some gummy worms in there. Then you just do another layer or two of everything, ending with the "dirt" of course, and add some silk (or real, as we did) flowers.

It's very rich, my ds who doesn't have much of a sweet-tooth won't even eat it (he prefers his oreos "plain"), but the rest of us just love it!
 
oh yeah,
you may want to leave the gummy worms out of the layers, and just save them for the top, as their presence does complicate the the process when you go to scooping out the cake for serving. But, Taba wanted worms throughout, and she was the birthday girl afterall!
 
Thanks so much for the info on the dirt cake. My kids will really enjoy eating and making it! Jeri
 
Happy Birthday T. and God Bless!
Looks like you had a great day.
Love,
The Wisniewski's
 
WOW My Daughters birthday is on the 19th!
What a riot!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TABETHA! (uh I think i misspelled her name! Sorry!
 
this is the cake i want to make for Lilly my almost 4yo
A Flower box cake!
with dirt hehe!
you take a pound cake (sara lee?)
lady fingers
crushed oreos
icing (store bought?)
gum drops
toothpicks

Flatten and cut out tulip shapes in the gum drops.
put the flowers on the tooth picks.

ice the cake,
put the lady fingers around it.
to make a box.
then put the "dirt" on top
finnaly, the flowers.
Easy!!! and CUTE!!
 
Wow! What a day, and I must say that is one of the yummiest looking cakes I have EVER seen!!! I love it! Happy Birthday Tabitha!!!!

I ams o behind on your goings on with being sick last week, I love all of the pictures of the snow, so beautful. It must be wonderful to look at all of that beautiful land and snow whenever you want to! A that is one BIG DOG! My goodness!

The cartoon is hilarious too! :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?