Saturday, December 10, 2005

Family Massage~

Our family has enjoyed giving eachother massages off and on for a long time... Lately, it's become a favorite part of our kids' bed-time routine, which they will not let us forget! There are so many health benefits that come with massage therapy, and it's something that we can learn alot about for ourselves and our families even! And I'm trying to make a point to massage Chris more as well, as it certainly does relax him, and will help with his overcoming insomnia. We've been using a simple massage oil lately, which I made simply by mixing a few drops of pure peppermint essential oil into a base of 100% pure expeller pressed almond oil (but any vegetable oil will do, a massage therapist friend of mine prefers peanut oil, which is much cheaper). Initially the price for a little bottle of peppermint oil may seem steep to you, but rest assured, it will be a worthy investment. I've had a 1 fl. oz. bottle last me for over a year.

Up until recently, most of our *massage therapy technique* has been purely intuitive. But last summer, I found this little book on sale for $1 at a bookstore, and have been reading it this week. It's been interesting to see how much of what the author suggest...we were already doing!;-) Which just goes to show you, follow your loving parental/spousal instincts...



The New Book of Baby and Child Massage

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?