Saturday, January 21, 2006
sanding, seeds, sewing and Serendipity...
For the past couple of days, I've been over here working on sanding down 14 doors and their trim, which are now all (Okay, ok! I still have 3 to sand!) lined up in the breezeway awaiting my attention with some semi-gloss white paint and brush... I think I'll enjoy painting them much more than choking on their dust, with plugs in my ears (that electric sander is LOUD). Then, I've a long hallway lined with chair-railing that needs the same treatment, and some crown-molding to paint as well so that Chris can get it up... *sighs* It feels good to be getting this all done though, regardless of all of the mess...
Last night I stayed up late perusing my Johnny's seed catalog, and making my garden plans for this Spring... I'm looking forward to planting a perennial herb garden, as well as our organic vegetable garden. I've also been learning lots as I read through my Rodale's Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening, which I inherited from my Dad and am only now getting around to reading from...
N and T have spent the past two days happily playing with friends of theirs during the afternoons, while I've been sanding. Thursday, they went over to a friend's house, and yesterday, another friend dropped her 3 (two adorably sweet 11yo twin boys and her 7yod) off to play with N and T. She homeschools and works part-time at a medical lab, and so we often have her children over here in the afternoons. They're such a blessing.
Yesterday, after a couple hours of playing outside (it was GORGEOUS weather here!) they came inside and decided that they wanted to watch the dvd that we'd enjoyed watching the evening before, as a family. N had told them about how interesting it was. So, I got quite a kick out of seeing those three little boys sitting around the t.v., enthralled as they listened to the history of the Church in China, and numerous Chinese Christian testimonies that are on the dvd we got from Voice of Martyrs, The Cross: Jesus in China. It made quite an impression, and our friends shared about the missionaries who had visited at their church about their ministry in China.
I have been tempted to try my hand at sewing a quilt. As many of you know, it's something I've wanted to learn for some time. And now Randi is hosting a quilt-making class over at her blog... I may be NUTS, seeing as I'm in the midst of so many other projects right now, but I just can't help myself. Ever since Adrienne posted about the simply glorious "therapy quilt" she recently created for her little guy, I've been scoping out every piece of material that comes before my eyes... So, I'm very excited to start making this lovely pinwheel quilt with my daughter (and Randi's guidance!). I'm off to pick out my new rotary cutter and fabric today! *snip*snip*
Last night Tabitha wanted me to read to her from our Serendipity book collection. I love these precious little tales of morals and life lessons. I remember musing over the vividly colorful illustrations with such wonderment as a girl... These books by Stephen Cosgrove were and still are favorites of mine, and it's such a joy to share them with my own children, who adore these loveable little characters and their adventures.
Last night I stayed up late perusing my Johnny's seed catalog, and making my garden plans for this Spring... I'm looking forward to planting a perennial herb garden, as well as our organic vegetable garden. I've also been learning lots as I read through my Rodale's Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening, which I inherited from my Dad and am only now getting around to reading from...
N and T have spent the past two days happily playing with friends of theirs during the afternoons, while I've been sanding. Thursday, they went over to a friend's house, and yesterday, another friend dropped her 3 (two adorably sweet 11yo twin boys and her 7yod) off to play with N and T. She homeschools and works part-time at a medical lab, and so we often have her children over here in the afternoons. They're such a blessing.
Yesterday, after a couple hours of playing outside (it was GORGEOUS weather here!) they came inside and decided that they wanted to watch the dvd that we'd enjoyed watching the evening before, as a family. N had told them about how interesting it was. So, I got quite a kick out of seeing those three little boys sitting around the t.v., enthralled as they listened to the history of the Church in China, and numerous Chinese Christian testimonies that are on the dvd we got from Voice of Martyrs, The Cross: Jesus in China. It made quite an impression, and our friends shared about the missionaries who had visited at their church about their ministry in China.
I have been tempted to try my hand at sewing a quilt. As many of you know, it's something I've wanted to learn for some time. And now Randi is hosting a quilt-making class over at her blog... I may be NUTS, seeing as I'm in the midst of so many other projects right now, but I just can't help myself. Ever since Adrienne posted about the simply glorious "therapy quilt" she recently created for her little guy, I've been scoping out every piece of material that comes before my eyes... So, I'm very excited to start making this lovely pinwheel quilt with my daughter (and Randi's guidance!). I'm off to pick out my new rotary cutter and fabric today! *snip*snip*
Last night Tabitha wanted me to read to her from our Serendipity book collection. I love these precious little tales of morals and life lessons. I remember musing over the vividly colorful illustrations with such wonderment as a girl... These books by Stephen Cosgrove were and still are favorites of mine, and it's such a joy to share them with my own children, who adore these loveable little characters and their adventures.
Comments:
<< Home
Hi Beth,
Match your thread to the background fabric you choose since it it the most-used color in the quilt.
BTW-I loved the therapy quilt that Adrienne made too! So sweet for her little guy!
Post a Comment
Match your thread to the background fabric you choose since it it the most-used color in the quilt.
BTW-I loved the therapy quilt that Adrienne made too! So sweet for her little guy!
<< Home
|
|
















