Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Learning more about Language
I just got this entire Great Course, The Story of Human Language on 6 dvd's in the mail from my dear Grand mother Julia. She'd bought it for herself, and offered to give it to me when she was finished with it. Yippee!! Doesn't it sound interesting? I just love to learn about language(s) and anything etymological.One of my favorite sites along these lines is the Ancient Hebrew Research Center.
Comments:
<< Home
Just thought I'd stop in and say hi. I love "The Language Wars" by Ruth Beechick. Just a lot of good common sense there. But that's Ruth.
The Story of Human Language looks very intesting!
The Story of Human Language looks very intesting!
Hi Deb~
Yes, Ruth Beechick is definitely one of my favorite authors! I've read numerous books by her, and have considered her to be one of my homeschooling mentors! But that's one I've yet to get my hands on. I'll have to make a point to read it, thanks for the recommendation.
Yes, Ruth Beechick is definitely one of my favorite authors! I've read numerous books by her, and have considered her to be one of my homeschooling mentors! But that's one I've yet to get my hands on. I'll have to make a point to read it, thanks for the recommendation.
The last time I was able to go to Bible study we were talking about taking the Bible out of context. Not in the sense of just taking a verse out of the context of a chapter, but taking the Bible out of it's context of the language, geography, culture, and historical setting. We can't just take the Scripture and apply it to our context which I am sure you understand. The language is so important.
Hi Beth....
I've been reading your blog as a link through Sparrow's and now I want to tag you for a Meme about marriage. This one has only one question and you can find it at my blog....
look forward to hearing your answer.
Debi D
I've been reading your blog as a link through Sparrow's and now I want to tag you for a Meme about marriage. This one has only one question and you can find it at my blog....
look forward to hearing your answer.
Debi D
Etmy-what??? You go girl!
How is your quilt coming along? Everyone quit checking in after lesson #3--did you get stuck? Let me know if you need help!!!
Post a Comment
How is your quilt coming along? Everyone quit checking in after lesson #3--did you get stuck? Let me know if you need help!!!
<< Home
|
|

















