Wednesday, March 29, 2006

hello sunshine!

Yes, we are finally out of the weeds and over that horrible illness... well... for the most part anyways. Chris still has a bad cough and is still taking antibiotics. But, at least he's able to go to work now, and I'm feeling SO much better. We're so thankful that the kids didn't get what we had.

After a week of being cooped up inside, and mostly in bed, neither of us have felt like spending any time at the 'puter since we've been better. Thus, my long absence, my unplanned computer siesta.;) But it's been good, and we're getting alot done around here.

Todays's an absolute gorgeous, sunny day, and so after finishing their main lessons (math, cursive copywork and reading aloud to me), the kids took to the outdoors, and have been playing outside pretty much most of the day. I cleaned out some closets, exercised a bit, and just thought I'd pop in here to say "hi".

"Hi!"

I also wanted to share this great website with you all. N and T can't seem to get enough of it, they both beg to do their typing drills each day. It's a typing tutorial from the BBC that has 4 levels that are divided into 3 stages. Begin at Level 1 and build up your skills gradually through to Level 4.

Check it out; Dance Mat Typing

I'd bought the Typing Instructor Deluxe cd-rom last year, but neither of them liked it much. This, they love... go figure?

Some more of our flowers are showing their lovely faces, and I took some pics of them this morning...











Comments:
Hi what beautiful pictures,those flowers are amazing.Have a great day.
Char
 
My bulbs are just now showing about an inch above the ground,so these were much appreciated!
 
Bless your hearts...Glad you are doing better... I will keep Chris in prayer too...I know what it's like to have a cough... Thank you for sharing your pictures...WOW...breath taking...
(((((((((thankyou))))))))))))
 
Beautiful pictures. No flowers here, yet. The iris' leaves are just starting to peek out.

Glad you're doing better.
 
I am glad you are all feeling better! I am impressed with all your lovely flowers!
 
I missed you Beth! I am SOOOO glad that you and Hubby are feeling better. It does just make you feel ALIVE after being ill.

The pictures are so beautiful! If that is what I had to look at outside, I sure would feel much like being on the computer either. :-) Is that one purple one called a Grape Hyacinth?? It is so cool looking!

I am going to check out the typing link now, thanks!
 
Okay, I am back. That was so much fun!!!! I finished all of level one :-) Christine couldn't wait to get on there when she saw me playing, thanks!
 
Hi Char!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a note. I'm so glad to *meet* you!

Hi Kim~
Oh, you're welcome, it's my pleasure! Yours will be blooming before you know it!

Hi Jaime~
It's good to hear from you again. Thanks so much for your prayers, and for sending your friend (Wandering Homemaker) my way.

Thanks Jenny!

Thanks Randi!

Hi Adrienne! I've missed you too. I've been AWOL (as you put it;-) from the blogosphere lately as well. I look forward to catching up with you, and the rest of my GIRLZ!
Glad you liked the typing site, it is fun, and my kids have mastered their home-row keys and are already better typers than Dad (they think that's really cool, maybe he'll try it out too)!
 
how lovely!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?