Friday, February 24, 2006

'puter pains

Something seems to be seriously wrong with my browser here... Lately, just about every time I get online, within seconds (or minutes if I'm lucky) Firefox (my browser) just completely kicks me off a page, shuts the whole page down completely. I've lost a few entire posts before publishing them, and have lost many comments I've started writing to many of you as well. It seems to mostly do it when I'm on my blog here, but is getting more and more often and has been pretty debilitating to my blogging/internet time. So, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm not being unsociable, or purposely even avoiding my blog of late...

Things have been crazy busy around here lately though anyways, and T's been sick this week, so I haven't been on the 'puter much. But it sure is getting annoying to have to deal with this when I actually DO try and write something. The post I put up yesterday, I had to keep "saving as draft" every few lines so that I wouldn't lose it when I got kicked off! Any ideas? I've searched the Firefox help menus and tried to pinpoint the problem, but have come away still just as clueless as ever... *sighs*

So, if I remain somewhat scarce around here, or you don't hear back from me within a couple of days, you'll know why. A person can handle only so much of this kind of frustration before they start avoiding the culprit of such insanity-inducing moments (my computer!).
Comments:
I don't know what the problem is, but I have a few suggestions:

1) for now, use a text editor like Notepad to compose your blog posts, and then when you're through, copy and paste it into the blogger window and publish it.

2) try reinstalling (updating, whatever) Firefox.

3) You could use IE (I'm a Firefox gal myself) until you get it straightened out...

Hope you get it figured out. Computer problems can be such a pain. THen again, being forced to rediscover what we did for fun before these little boxes entered our lives can sometimes be a blessing. :)
 
I've been having trouble too! Arrrgghhh.
 
Would you please spread the word about Candace's surgery tomorrow? I have a prayer list on my blog for anyone who would like to take a specific time to pray.

Thanks,
Amy
 
Hi Rachel!
I'm so glad to have you stop by. Thanks so much for the tips.

I tried writing up a post in my Word program, and when I pasted it into a post and published, the post's margins were all running into my sidebar. It was a real pain to clean up! LOL

Unfortunately IE isn't compatable for MACs in compose mode on blogger, and I'm on a MAC.

I may have to re-load Firefox... it's just weird though that it seems to be doing it when I'm on blogger mostly??

*sighs* I know, way too much info. probably! LOL

And yes, it's been nice *coming away* for awhile (from this box!)... been reading more, and snuggling with the kids, spending more time at the barn, etc.
Thanks again!

Arrrgggh! is right Sparrow! I almost named this post that! LOL

Hi Amy~
I'll certainly be praying for her. Thanks for caring so much.
blessings~
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?