Saturday, March 04, 2006

freshening up~


I spent today mostly outside in the sunshine, working on my flower beds. This morning, after making pizza crust dough, I left it to rise and gathered my gardening tools. I got busy weeding, pruning, planting, mulching, watering, and planning with N and T... we stopped to make and eat our pizza, and then back out we went... I was having so much fun that I ended up staying out there until it got dark! and as you can see... I was inspired by all of the fresh air. I'm feeling like brightening things up a bit here in my virtual home. So, whadda 'ya think of my new look? Peachy? ;)
Actually, I was having some malfunctions with my blog, and thought I'd just try a whole new template out, see if it helps. I do like that I can post pics larger in this template, and that my posts are more spread out...

T playing in the dogwood today, hanging from the hammock she and N strung up there.
N and Chris have been sickly the past few days, and I think getting outside in this glorious day helped to rejuvenate them. I think it enlivened us all... Spring is here!


Chris did some trim work on the house, and mowed part of our back field. He and T found some new friends out there in the tall grasses. So, these critters are temporarily living in T's terrarium. The chrysallis that was occupying it got moved to the front porch.

A picture of field mice in my daughter's bedroom... in a post about freshening up in the name of Spring... hmmm...
Comments:
Love your new look!

We had a beautiful day in Wisconsin yesterday also, the sun actually shone. However, we still have lots of snow on the ground and they are calling for snow today. Highs in the 40s this week though, I'm told.
 
I love the new look! Bright, open, peaceful, easy on the eyes.
 
Uh-hum! We, too, have had field mice. They have been in our yard and in our house... not exactly as wanted friends! See my chipmunk story! LOL

Susie
 
I really like your blog renovation...the banner is really neat :)
And I love the Dogwood tree picture...so beautiful!
 
Your pictures are making me long for spring...and we have a while to go!
 
Love the new look!

I have posted "A Mother's T.R.E.K." in honor of Missey. Please read the post and pass it on for those who would like to celebrate her life in this way as well.

In Him,
Amy
 
I love the new look! So glad you had such a nice weekend, we love to make homemade pizza--yummy!
 
Beth...what a surprise that awaited my surfing this AM. Nice fresh look and much more easy to read, thanks for the new look. It looks like the brew crew is busy with new changes like blogspots, preparing to garden and inside/outside home repairs. You're wearing me out with just reading about all the work you all are doing.
 
great pics! I like the new look. Even the mice are cute. :)
 
Awww! The mice are sooo cute! I don't think I've mentioned it, but I really like cute furry rodents. =)
 
Me too, Arielle. :)
Love the new look, Beth. Perfect for spring freshening!
 
Thanks friends! I'm liking it much better myself.;)
Thanks for posting this Amy, very thoughtful of you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?