Friday, March 03, 2006
a sister has gone home~
Last night I heard of the most unexpected departure of a much loved, Christian, fellow Ambleside homeschooling Mother of 5... She has gone to be with our Lord in heaven, and will be sorely missed and her memories treasured by many.
I didn't know her, except through my occasionally visiting her blog, and her presence on the AO lists. But I have been blessed to see so many homeschoolers lovingly rallying around her family in prayerful support. What a legacy she has left behind for her family and friends... It was very surreal to read her entry on her blog from the day before she'd passed on, while giving birth to her baby girl, whom her husband Tom has decided to name after her.
Chris and I have been touched so deeply by the news of this tragic accident, and Missey's most unexpected departure to heaven. We're grieving and praying for her husband Tom, and the children she has left behind.
How precious is every moment that we are given to spend with our families... for truly, today is all that we have to be sure of on this side of eternity...
Leslie Noelani has posted information concerning a memorial fund that has been set up via paypal, for her family, to help defray expenses.
A fellow AO list member posted this flash presentation, in honor of Missey, which goes along with a song that I love~ I Can Only Imagine...
And another AO Mom has dedicated this piece of music and prose to Missey and her family, as well~ Never Apart...
***Update: HomeSchoolBlogger has hosted a tribute to Missey Gray here on the company porch.
I didn't know her, except through my occasionally visiting her blog, and her presence on the AO lists. But I have been blessed to see so many homeschoolers lovingly rallying around her family in prayerful support. What a legacy she has left behind for her family and friends... It was very surreal to read her entry on her blog from the day before she'd passed on, while giving birth to her baby girl, whom her husband Tom has decided to name after her.
Chris and I have been touched so deeply by the news of this tragic accident, and Missey's most unexpected departure to heaven. We're grieving and praying for her husband Tom, and the children she has left behind.
How precious is every moment that we are given to spend with our families... for truly, today is all that we have to be sure of on this side of eternity...
Leslie Noelani has posted information concerning a memorial fund that has been set up via paypal, for her family, to help defray expenses.
A fellow AO list member posted this flash presentation, in honor of Missey, which goes along with a song that I love~ I Can Only Imagine...
And another AO Mom has dedicated this piece of music and prose to Missey and her family, as well~ Never Apart...
***Update: HomeSchoolBlogger has hosted a tribute to Missey Gray here on the company porch.
Comments:
<< Home
Surreal, that's a good way to describe it. I'm still having a hard time believing it. One day she was here, taking care of her kids, blogging, posting like the rest of us - and the next day she's gone and her family's lives are changed forever.
I cried reading about this. I'll be praying for the family. How hard it must be for that husband! My heart just aches for him and their babies.
Post a Comment
<< Home
|
|

















