Sunday, February 26, 2006
he turned ten today~
Last night we all snuggled, had a backgammon tournament, read, prayed and watched The Heartland Series, vol. XIV in our big family bed. Then N asked me to sing his lullaby and we talked about what his favorite memories are from this year. He said that he didn't remember being 6yo and wanted me to tell him about that year, so I did. He's excited to learn to play the harmonica that we're taking him to purchase tomorrow. We laughed as we laid in the dark reminiscing and planning together. How I shall treasure those timeless moments. How I love this boy, our firstborn, who shall be a young man before I scarcely know it.This morning he woke up to crepe streamers, presents, and balloons, pancakes and cheesy grits.
For his birthday, Nathanael requested spaghetti for dinner last night, and barbecue chicken tonight. For dessert, he wanted me to bake home-made chocolate chip cookies (mmmm...good choice!).Yes, he's got it good! LOL
Last weekend, we had a big birthday bash for both N and T together. Most of N and T's friends are brothers and sisters, and between both of their guests we ended up having 18 kiddos here, as well as some Moms, Dads, babies and a friend's grandmother even showed up and shared cake and a cup of coffee with us.
N helped me make his Oreo Ice-Cream cake (of which there were NO leftovers) and T helped me make her chocolate horse cake. I love how in this pic N and T are sharing the moment right before they blow out the candles. How they've planned, prepared, decorated and relished the thought of this party, their beloved friends (of which they've thanked God for numerous times in their prayers), the games, the thrill of THIS, their birthday party!And Dad had a surprise!!
It was alot of fun, and we DID all fit in our house... I'd wondered if we would, comfortably, as it was snowing outside and so the festivities were all held indoors, which went without a glitch! My friend that hosts our monthly crop club scrapbooking get togethers lent me a long table and some folding chairs. Chris even grilled the burgers and hot-dogs outside, in the snow!Party ON!
N and T had made their own pinatas, and the pinata bashing ended up being held in our unfinished breezeway. To see pinata pics, click here. We cracked up over this one, having just a week earlier mused over "what an idiot!" this guy was on America's Funnies Home Videos, having a pinata bashing indoors (and he got bashed himself), with the pinata on a pole! Chris was sure to use a very long pole, while I corralled the kids with Sarah's help.
More birthday bash pics are here.A year in review...


Nathanael ~ aka. Bubby, Bubba, Bub & Sugarbear ~ 9yo
Nathan has always been a naturalist who enjoys outdoors exploration, and "Adventure!", as well as being home - often exclaiming "There's just nothing like coming home!" He loves Jesus and reading his fave Bible, which he's read through numerous times now. I'll often find him snuggled up with it on the couch, to which he's exclaimed, "I just can't help it! This is so interesting"!
He enjoys learning history, storytelling, science experiments and recently math as well (which he fondly refers to as his brain excercises). He dreams of being a husband and father, an architect, biologist, engineer, policeman, or fireman, but says most likely, he'll be an archaeologist or a Marine. (He has an uncle that was a Marine, and our 84yo neighbor was a decorated Marine pilot who flew in WWII, Vietnam and Korea, full of stories that have made quite an impression!):-) During Hanukkah last year, he declared that he'd like to name his own son Judah Maccabee. *heh!* ...telling, don't ya think?
He's a very logical thinker, with a bent for philosophy. Though he sees things in black and white, he's very sensitive to others, and has his Daddy's soft-heartedness. He has a strong sense of justice, and a keen desire to "help other people." He's also a great chef, and enjoys cooking shows! He enjoys target-shooting, woodworking, dreams of getting a "Viper 90" 4-wheeler and looks forward to going hunting with his Dad.
He's also a little gentleman, always rushing to open the door for me, and extending me his hand to help me out of our truck or car, both loving acts of service he's proud to perform for anyone. He also dances with me, and plays beautifully with his sister, whom he adores. I've woken up many mornings to him cooking breakfast, or quitly snuggled up, reading storybooks to his sister. We love him, he truly is "given of God".



Now, he's waiting for me to join him in watching one of our newfound favorite movies, Bleak House.
Comments:
<< Home
What a wonderful post!
Just stopping by to ask if you would please spread the word about Emily's surgery Tuesday morning? I have a prayer list on my blog for anyone who would like to take a specific time to pray as well.
Thanks,
Amy
Just stopping by to ask if you would please spread the word about Emily's surgery Tuesday morning? I have a prayer list on my blog for anyone who would like to take a specific time to pray as well.
Thanks,
Amy
Love his name..and the meaning...and the picture of the birthday boy and his dad... priceless! Thanks for sharing your fun event with the rest of us!!!
Happy Birthday, Nathan! You're such a great, mom, Beth! I hope this year is a good one for him and your whole family. :)
Momma M,
Hi, welcome, thanks for the comment! It was, a blast! And the whole rest of the wknd. afterwards I spent exhaling.;-)
Dawn,
Thank you. It's my pleasure to share these moments!
Hi Joelle!
Thanks so much! I'll tell him you said so.;-)
Post a Comment
Hi, welcome, thanks for the comment! It was, a blast! And the whole rest of the wknd. afterwards I spent exhaling.;-)
Dawn,
Thank you. It's my pleasure to share these moments!
Hi Joelle!
Thanks so much! I'll tell him you said so.;-)
<< Home
|
|
















