Thursday, March 02, 2006

thoughts I found...

This morning, I noticed N and T were outside, in the midst of an epic battle... T was wounded, and as she stumbled, N came running to her rescue... He caught her in one arm and proceeded to pull the invisible arrow from her back... With his arm supporting her, she limped along beside him as they made their escape into the field beyond our back courtyard... together. Their imaginary world was as real as any then...

I am so thankful to have caught this moment in time, to have glanced out my window and witnessed this beautiful story of adventure unfolding between a brother and a sister...
*swords courtesy of Dad


I found these thoughts on my Sleepytime teabox
And I'm taking them to heart now, while they're still young...

I'd finger paint more, and point the finger less.

I would do less correcting and more connecting.

I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.

I would care to know less and know to care more.

I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.

I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.

I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.

I'd do more hugging and less tugging.

I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often.

I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
(*though I've found that these two are sometimes one in the same)

If I had my child to raise all over again, I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later. (*though in our case, I think goes hand in hand via hands-on construction 101 lessons!)

I'd teach less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.

Diane Loomans, from Full Esteem Ahead
* my own thoughts



Comments:
Nice thoughts....and how I miss those days of my girls playing and enjoying one another....treasure it...it goes much much to quickly.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?