Monday, February 27, 2006
keepin' it real...

So, Sparrow had this soul-baring, house revealing post last week, which has inspired many to join her in reality blogging... what a liberating new trend! Well, I think that most of us have been reality blogging all along, however today, the challenge set out by Randi is that we show and tell the bad and the ugly, along with the good... just to keep it real, you know?
I was inspired by a similar post by my friend Kelly over a month ago... and almost followed her suit then. But as I took my camera around, I quickly changed my mind due to the sightings I found through my objective lense, which made her unkempt kitchen photo look like a dream. I figured that I needn't scare away all of my readers and friends. But here, it's all come up again... this call to open up my VERY REAL, lived in house to the blogging community at large... so come on in, make yerself at home, and have a cuppa... as I give you the grand tour... I'm gonna just get ALL FREED UP IN HEARA!
Well, we may as well start with my nemesis, black German Shepherd dog hair bunnies. Would you believe that I just swept here the day before?!! I kid you not!! This is the hallway floor, notice the floorboards aren't down yet... You should see them (the bunnies) when I let 'em go for 2-3 days!
My bathroomYes, that's me standing in the shower. Notice the mustard yellow linen closet door beside me, still needs white paint.
As you will see, we've been remodeling our old house here for the last year. We're paying cash to do it, and don't have the $ to replace our windows yet. So, this is our one bathroom, and the yellow tiled wall you see there is in limbo, as Chris cannot put up the new bead board there until the new window goes in (tax return $ will go to windows, Yay!). This is the second house we've renovated, our first was in FL, and took us 6 years, you should've seen what I lived in the midst of there! We greatly increased it's equity, sold it and moved into a little apt. in MS for a year. Oh, what an adventure it's been! And then there was the little trailer we all lived in for a year in FL, right before we moved here, it was so bad I wanted to forget it, and didn't take any pictures, though now I wish that I had, because afterall, it was real life, and a year of our family's history... live and learn. Oh, it's so good to not be renting again...
And... here's the laundry in the bathroom, and yes, that's a pile of G.I.Joe's left over from my dd's bath a night, or two ago...
This door still needs painting, as do most of the doors here in our house still... and trim... at least the crown molding has been going up lately!I've gotta go for now, and take my kids to the barn for their riding lessons. But, I've got way more pics to show you, SO come back, there's more to come... way more than you ever wanted to know, I'm sure!!
Comments:
<< Home
Thanks for your boldness! We are doing all our repairs with cash too. Which is why I must make friends with the geese - who knows when we can afford to redo the kitchen! :)
I like the bathroom so far. And I have dog hair woes too. Everywhere we go, someone's always picking dog hair off my shirt...ewww. I'm becoming one of those weird middle aged ladies.
Happy birthday to your 10 year old! Whoo! Double digits. He sure looks like a sweetie.
I like the bathroom so far. And I have dog hair woes too. Everywhere we go, someone's always picking dog hair off my shirt...ewww. I'm becoming one of those weird middle aged ladies.
Happy birthday to your 10 year old! Whoo! Double digits. He sure looks like a sweetie.
We too have decorations by GI Joe around our house. I am glad to know he will be around for many more years as my guys are 6. Happy B-day to your cutie.
Beth, your sweet spirit of hospitality outshines any "imperfections" about your house. I love visiting you, and wish I wasn't so far away now. Besides, it's the "imperfections" that make it so people can feel at home. Perfect houses worry me, and I always worry about breaking something! lol
LOL about the dog hair bunnies! Growing up I had a cockapoo/shelty mix, and she was the sheddingest dog I've ever seen! We had tumbleweeds of dog fur that would roll across the floor. Some of our wallpaper was textured, and it was just COVERED in her hair. Used to gross my dh out when he'd come over LOL!
Now the only hair we have on the floor is mine. LOL!
Now the only hair we have on the floor is mine. LOL!
Thank you so much for sharing! My hubby and I are usually in the middle of a remodeling project too-- and since we pay cash also, it means that sometimes it takes a while! Right now we are enclosing our porch to make a family room and adding a room downstairs. Lucky for me, we have most of the money saved for this one otherwise it would take forever!
Beth...
Thanks for sharing your bathroom woes...I, as you know, can totally relate :) Isn't it wonderful to have friends who just love you for who you are?
Post a Comment
Thanks for sharing your bathroom woes...I, as you know, can totally relate :) Isn't it wonderful to have friends who just love you for who you are?
<< Home
|
|

















