Thursday, March 02, 2006

the gift of thrift~


I love thrifting, and antiquing... simultaneously. I'm so glad that my hubby, Chris, shares this love with me... Over the years, we've found so many unique treasures, from beautifully new childrens' picture books, to OOP, rare, old books, well worn and lovely to behold. We've found name-brand clothing for a steal, winter coats, shoes galore, a few antique dressers, vintage clothing, collectable antique trunks (Chris is collecting the round topped ones), original artwork, dishes, linens, plates and more!

This old, oak chest of drawers we got cheap! I took off some of the green paint, and then we found that we liked this weathered look, and being able to see all of the layers of colors and evidence of its history... so we left it as is and added stainless knobs. Our water distiller has found its home atop this dresser, which has made many a move with us since we found it in a favorite thrift store of ours, in Biloxi, MS.

Most of our coffee mugs have either been given to us as gifts, or found at thrift stores. Here is one of my favorites...
Comments:
I love that chest of drawers! The green looks great on it!
 
My son added, "those who can't, write textbooks."
 
Thanks Randi~
It's a fave of mine too.;)

Leslie~
Thanks for the laugh!! Your son is a hoot! What an astute observation Tim...hehehe
 
LOVE IT!! Very cool find.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?